Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Graham!






















Well, our "baby" is six years old today! Psalm 127 tells us that "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." With our four blessings, God has rewarded us far and above what we deserve, so today on this day that Graham was born, I just want to say Thank You to Yahweh, my God and to Yashua, my Savior. Thank you for the quiver full of children you have given us, so far.

I also want to say a little bit about Graham on this day. (And yes, Joshua and Bryce, if you are reading, I realize I did not give you the special post you deserve on the occasion of your 14th birthday. I love you dearly, and I will make that up in a future post! Your mom just blogs in spurts!) Anyway, Graham is our little "fireball." He is full of pent up energy. It is hard for me to tell just yet exactly what his God-given temperament is, but if I have to make an educated guess, I would put him at a choleric/sanguine (or a Rabbit/Tigger in "Winnie the Pooh" terms). He is high-strung and driven, yet he is full of fun and loves people! He truly keeps our household lively. As he is getting older and starting his years of education, I have been most pleasantly surprised at how committed he is to learning something (as long as it was his idea, of course). He is very diligent with his Math sheets, he is learning to play the piano and actually really motivated. His has asked for a guitar for his birthday and really shows a real interest in it as a musical instrument and not a toy. He is extremely athletic and wants to play every sport there is. We have reigned him in to tennis, martial arts, and baseball. His martial arts teacher teaches a form of self-defense called Haganah, which originated in Israel after WWII when the Jews were not allowed to stockpile weapons while the British soldiers were still in place, yet the Arabs were stockpiling the weapons and planning to attack the Jews as soon as the British left Palestine. The Jewish fighters had to learn to fight in hand to hand combat, which became known as Haganah. This is the tactic that Sensei Will usues in the studio. Graham is doing well learning to defend himself and his sisters in case of "attack." :) At the same time that Graham is full of unsuppressed energy, he can also be a little snuggle bunny with his mommy, but pretty much only when he is tired or sick. Most of the time he really prefers Daddy! But, I guess that is how it should be. He is a little man, after all!

Happy Birthday Gray-Man! Mommy loves you very much!

No comments: