Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rain, rain.....

I hate to finish that off with "go away" since we need the rain SO badly here in Florida. I know other parts of the south need it as well, however, it just seems to go on and on and on. This is the fourth morning we have woken up to a downpour. Not a violent thunderstorm, just the kind that rumbles constantly as the rain pours down. Normally, I would love it. It would be a good excuse to stay home, in my pajamas and read books to the kids all day. However, it so happens that Bryce and I are flying to Atlanta tomorrow. I am going to a prayer retreat and she is going to spend some time with a friend of hers that lives in Atlanta. That means that I am trying to coordinate the care of the other three kids who will be left here. Stan will be here with them, but he has to work all day every day that I am gone. All of that means that I HAVE to go grocery shopping, I HAVE to get the wash done, I HAVE to at least straighten the house a little bit since just about all of my friends at one point or the other will be in and out of my house over the next four days, and though I don't really have to, I WANT to get my hair straightened today so it will be easy to deal with all weekend. Those of you with the curly hair blessing/curse - whichever it is for the day - know that it is pretty much pointless to straighten your hair on the fourth day of torrential rains - however, I really want this done, so I am contemplating doing it anyway and then wearing a shower cap on my head for the rest of the day (you know the kind the school cafeteria ladies wear). I am thinking this might embarrass my kids, though, especially the older ones, Graham will probably want to wear one too!

Well, this was a pretty pointless post. I will have much more to say when I return from my prayer retreat. If you feel prompted, I would appreciate your prayers. The lady hosting the retreat is a dear friend and mentor of mine, and I have never met any of the other ladies who will be there. I am expecting a peaceful time of reflection and renewal. Thanks so much.

No comments: