Monday, December 1, 2008

Not Me Monday!



I have got to make this quick, because it is certainly not me who has let my kids sleep until 9:00 on the first day back to school after Thanksgiving Break....especially since my oldest has a dentist appointment at 10:30 and it takes her at least an hour to get ready! You remember being almost 15 don't you?

This week was so full of "not me" moments that I can't remember any as I sit here! I have got to get a "not me" notebook and write them down.......

Let's see......it is not me who is sitting here in my pajamas when I have tons to do.....it was not me who spent the entire day after Thanksgiving reading a fiction book rather than shopping and putting up Christmas decorations.......and it was not me who burned mac and cheese in the bottom of my only large sauce pot and left it there so that now it is a black mess that I don't know if I will ever get off!

Does anyone else notice that most of my not me moments center around my laziness??!!!

In that case, I will end with one about someone else, who is not as lazy as me. It was not my beautiful, smart, hard working, almost 15 year old daughter who completed National Novel Writing Month last night by writing 50,000 words in one month!! We are so proud of Bryce and she is such an amazing writer. This was a huge, difficult challenge to complete on top of everything else she has to do for school. Sweetheart, you did a great job!!

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

woohooo! i am NOT in the same shoes with the lack of motivation - haha! and bryce, i am SO proud of you! what an awesome example of God at work in your life!