Monday, January 5, 2009

Not Me Monday


I have missed "Not Me Mondays" the last couple of weeks, but truly hope that everyone had an awesome Christmas season. I am also especially glad that McMama (the "founder" of Not Me Mondays) is home safe and sound with little McMuffin. We were praying!

So, now....

It is not me who is timing myself right now as I write because my husband has decided that we all (including me, his wife) spend too much time on electronics while he is at work and his New Year's Resolution was to give us all a strict time limit for electronic use during the school week. For the record, let me say that I totally agree with him and support him in this decision, and I know that as his wife and not one of his children, I could probably somehow ;) convince him to give me a little extra "computer" time, but the fact of the matter is that it is not me who spends way too many hours in front of this computer when I should be schooling or cleaning or doing laundry or any other myriad of responsibilities I have around here - so I willingly submit to my time limit - but, oh, it is going to be a tough week for all of us!!

It is also not me who still has my Christmas Tree up on this day....what is it, January 5th? It is also not me who really doesn't know the date and is right now counting in my head from Thursday, which I am pretty sure was New Year's Day! I did delegate the responsibility of taking the other Christmas decorations down to my 14 year old son yesterday, which is the only reason we do not still have our wreath up. I think today, he can do the tree. Does anyone have to wonder why my husband has to time my computer use? It is so sad, really.

It was not me (and my husband) who purchased a bow and arrow and a pocket knife for our most dangerous child as Christmas gifts and it was not us who hung a garbage bag of Christmas trash in a tree to use as a target. We may live in a ritzy area of the country, but once a redneck, always a redneck!

Ok, I'm going to wrap this up, because I am wasting my precious computer time trying to think of all the bloopers I have made in the past two weeks! I really must start writing this stuff down! Anyway, have a great week everyone - and think of me....actually taking responsibility for my household and not on my computer.

4 comments:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Love your Not Me moments! My husband would be totally on board with that too....shhh!!!

Thanks for your sweet message on my blog. You have a beautiful family and I look forward to keeping up with you! We actually live in the Birmingham area (in the 'burbs I guess), and my husband grew up here. I grew up in Northeast Alabama, but have been here since college.

Very cool to connect with other bloggers with similar paths. Hope you have a wonderful New Year!!!

Unknown said...

this post makes me giggle~ and YES I WANT YOUR RECIPE FOR BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER SOUP - yum!!!! i want some raw dairy - think i might've found a source today!

For Such A Time As This said...

Thanks Megan. Happy New Year to you guys too. My mother in law lives in Hoover. My husband moved to B'ham (Vestavia) when he was a senior in high school and then went to college at UAB. We get back there pretty often. Great to "meet" you.

For Such A Time As This said...

Angela - the raw dairy is amazing. So good and creamy (and good for you). We are so fortunate to have someone here who is willing to risk selling it. Of course, we are having to sign petitions and all sorts of other things to keep the "right" to drink it! (The "right" to drink milk - somehow just sounds wrong!) Anyway, I will send you the recipe via Facebook. Talk soon. Love ya~