This post is in honor of you Angela... (www.dancingwithmyfather.blogspot.com) - even though I know my food pictures are not nearly as pretty as yours. I blame it on the fact that you have that beautiful Loving Legacy logo on the bottom of all of yours and have them in those pretty photo frames, which I am not computer savvy enough to do. Bryce says it's because I am a terrible photographer - and you are awesome! (I'm sure she is right, and she is also 15, so she doesn't mind saying exactly what she thinks!)
Anyhoo....even though my pictures are not very creative -- my produce is gorgeous and I am so excited to have stocked my fridge with all this organic, picked this morning, leafy, dark, disease fighting GREEN food, all for the low, low price of......drumroll please......$8.00 (tax included)!!!!!!
This broccoli was also picked this morning. Check it out. This is how broccoli comes out of the garden. See those huge, umbrella like, dark green leaves -- right in there is 80% of the nutrition, but they don't tell you that in the grocery store do they? You take the leaves and cook them up just like we do collard greens in the south (minus the fat back) and presto, you have the rest of the nutritional value! Delicious!
The dark green kale at the back of the pile is also delicious as a raw salad. Just break the leaves up, discard the stems and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, and soy sauce or Bragg's Amino Acids. Press out a couple of cloves of fresh garlic and let it sit in the fridge for 10 minutes. My kids eat this like candy! It is packed with nutritional power!!
I also could not resist posting a picture of our raw milk!! So good, so healthy, and sooooo creamy -- straight from the cow, people!!




4 comments:
Where is this organic farm? I want to go too!
I got everything at Food and Thought - the organic market in the same shopping center as TGIFridays near the mall. Frank Oakes has an organic farm and every day he brings things that he picks that morning and sells them outside the store. That huge head of Romaine was $1.89! He sells local tomatoes for $1.99 a pound. The organic at Publix are $4.99 a pound -- and who knows where they have been before they get to the store?! I love it there!!
oh. my. goodness. i am so "green" with envy at your raw milk. i am so envious of your actually being this disciplined. i will be there in five minutes to partake. okay, maybe an hour and thirty-five minutes, if there were no traffic. and my heart just melted at the words frank oakes. i loved that man! we used to live very close to the land he had off 951 and one of my favorite mommy memories is of 18 month old anna wandering through his field picking and eating strawberries and leaves off the vines. he always let us "glean" from the last of the season at a ridiculous price. and you dear, dear thing - to speak so kindly of me. i am such a dork, i really got teary-eyed when i was reading. how neat to love "family" just because of Jesus. bryce-girl, you make me giggle!!! you be nice to your momma!
p.s. - i have never cooked the broccoli leaves - look at what i've been missing!
Post a Comment