Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Resurrection Day!!

Today we are celebrating our Risen Savior!

Thank you Jesus that you came into this broken, sinful world to seek and to save that which was lost.

Thank you that you died a criminal's death on a cross -- a death you did not deserve to die, to pay a debt that I could not afford.

Over 2,000 years ago, the earth trembled and the powers of darkness thought they had won. The earth shook violently as the wrath of our Almighty God was poured out the ultimate Sacrifice. The enemy laughed as Jesus breathed His last.

Then.....

The veil that separated God from man was forever torn in two. Now, I don't need a sacrifice, I don't need a priest. Jesus is my High Priest - He has made a way for me!

Three days later the sun rose on an empty tomb!

The Son of God lives!

Death has been swallowed up in victory. Death has no sting, no final word -- My God is a God who saves!!

Today, we do not serve a dead god that has no power. We serve a living God - the One who holds the keys to eternal life. Today, Truth lives inside of me, and it wants to live in you.

Friends, there is only one way to God. Despite what the world tells you, there is no such thing as personal truth. There is only absolute truth - and you don't have to believe it for it to be true. It is true that I am sitting barefoot at my computer with a lavender shirt on. You may not be able to see me and you can tell yourself all day long that you that you don't believe it- but, none of that changes the truth. I can assure you, it is true.

Jesus is the only way to God - whether you believe it or not. I will stake my life on this fact. I implore you today to think about it. I implore you to take a moment to reflect on the cross. The world we live in will do its best to convince you that there are many roads that lead to God and that we can find Him in whatever way we feel comfortable. That is a lie from the very depths of hell, and one day, Scripture tells us that "every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." Friends, you want that day to be today. Today is the day of your salvation.

Religion is worthless, it will not save you. It does not matter how many times you attend church, it does not matter how "good" you try to be. Jesus is the only thing that matters - He is real and He is alive!!

My prayer for everyone reading today is that you know Him in a real and personal way. I pray that His love burns within you and that you know how long and wide and deep the love of your Abba really is. If anyone reading does not know that kind of love, if you feel the void inside of you, searching for something real - hope that does not disappoint, then please leave a comment. I promise I will get back to you. I am praying for you all today.

Happy Resurrection Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how beautiful, sis! i love how He pours out through you... happy resurrection day!!!