Friday, June 5, 2009

A New Season....

Today is a huge day at our house....monumental, I tell you!

I am now the mother of a DRIVER!!! (Soon to be TWO drivers!)

Bryce finished her required Drug and Alcohol Course, which in my not so humble opinion was really just a lesson in every type of illegal drugs known to man and how to use them, plus a lot of useless information such as "what happens to you in the state of Florida if you get four DUIs?"

Seriously?

I could quickly tell you what happens in our house if you get one DUI - and that will be ALL she needs to know!!

Anyway, she finished the course, she passed the required tests.....and we are now completely legal to be on the road!

I guess I knew this day would come, but wow - it is hard to believe we are here. Me in the passenger seat, indefinitely, because once Joshua gets his permit on Monday, we have to log over 100 driving hours plus 20 night time driving hours before they are allowed to get their license!

Can anyone say stress?!

Truly, we have driven a couple of times in our neighborhood today, including one stint in a brief downpour and Bryce has done very well. I am calm and cool, and my heart is not beating doubletime. This is all a wonderful new season of life and I am blessed and thankful for such mature young adults.

We are havin' fun!!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I can't believe they are 15 - where does the time go?