Now, I have Graham.
This is my little wild man. God knows I love him with all of my heart and soul, but he is going to stretch me to the very end of my frazzled rope! God knows that I have had it way too easy on this home school journey. He knows that I have been telling you guys to keep on keeping on and to keep the end result in mind on the hard days, yet my hard days have truly been few and far between in the realm of education. My older three have made me think that I was "good" at this - and you know that Scripture tells us that "pride goeth before a fall."
Never again fear that when I tell you that some days you will want to summon the school bus that I can't really relate. Seriously, this year already I have had to re-read my own posts to keep from asking Stan if we could just check with God one more time and see if He really meant ALL of our children when He called us to home school.
Graham is going to do great things for the Lord. I don't doubt it, I pray daily to be able to let him go when God calls him into his life mission. Ironically, he is the one who still sleeps with me at night. I love it because even though he kicks me too death and I think he has cracked a rib or two recently, the truth is that it is the only time that he is calm and snuggly. When he is sleepy at night, he lays there and looks at me with big greenish brown eyes and he smiles that snaggle toothed smile and I remember all over again why I do what I do.
Then, the next morning, his feet hit the floor, he gets upset about something that didn't go his way, and the day has begun! He is just plain intense - I simply can not think of another word to describe him. If he is happy, he is deliriously so - and if not, well...suffice it to say, everyone knows it and everyone suffers.
Anyway, I will not go on and on and hopefully none of you are discouraged by my post. Don't worry, I am still as committed as I have ever been. I am totally sure that Graham will grow into the man of God that he is called to be.




1 comment:
those pictures are fantastic! I can feel the intensity!
Post a Comment