This is really just a testimony, but I am often asked - what did you do for your cold, etc.... Well, just this week I was given an opportunity to put my "money where my mouth is" so to speak. Stan was in the final stretch of preparing for his Half Ironman (pictures below) when he came home from work one evening and I could see it in his eyes.
"You don't feel good, do you?" I asked, mentally going through my "medicine" cabinet.
He sadly shook his head. It was not the illness that had him down, but the fact that he was less than a week before the biggest race he had ever trained for!! Yikes - this natural stuff better work, I'm thinking, because I would be the biggest hypocrite on the planet if I haul out the Sudafed and antibiotics for my husband!
"Ok, hon, but you have to do EVERYTHING I say!!"
He agreed.
Now, first we prayed because I totally believe that only God heals and He uses a myriad of ways to do that -- but, this post is about the herbs and remedies I used, so I assume you all know already that prayer comes FIRST!!!
Stan's symptoms were extremely stuffy head, throat, neck...lots of mucus, sore throat (mostly from the drainage), cough, low grade fever, and just general run down feeling.
The first night he had -- liquid zinc, 6,000 units of Vitamin D3, 4 garlic pills, 2,000 units of Vitamin C (Emergency Packets), 16 oz of Cough Tea (bulkherbstore.com), Ultra Defense Probiotic Pill (beeyoutiful.com), large tablespoon of Elderberry Syrup (Berry Well beeyoutiful.com). He ate NO sugar and went to bed!! (Sleep is very important in the healing process as well).
The next day he felt a little better, he went to work with his bottle of Cough Tea and 3 packets of Vitamin C. He also took all the above meds again. This was Tuesday.
Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning, same thing.
Wednesday evening I made him an appointment with our family alternative doctor/chiropractor. I haven't talked about chiropractic care in my health notes yet, but I will do that soon. All chiropractors are NOT the same!!! You can go to www.sorsi.com and click the link that says "locate a doctor" and find one who practices like the one we use. We have her on speed dial and LOVE her like family!!
Stan went to the appointment - in addition to the adjustment she gave him a tincture which basically combined a lot of the herbs I had already been giving him into a little dropper bottle which you take 2 drops at a time. So, we changed our regimen a little.
That evening he took the tincture, Vit D3, Vit C packs, and just a cup of Cough Tea.
Thursday morning he felt great!
Thursday we were on the road all day headed to the race and he had the tincture and his Vitamin D.
Friday I felt like crud!! So, we started all over again - with my chiropractor appointment being at the end of the illness when we returned home from the trip. I feel 95% well today!
It was a nasty cold and believe me I was wanting the Sudafed on Sunday when Stan was racing and I was chasing four kids around downtown Augusta, GA sneezing my head off, but today I am so glad that I did not do that to my body. Now, my germs are gone instead of reabsorbed into my cells. I am well - I did not mask the symptoms and chances are my immune system is stronger for having been sick, rather than weaker.
Stan was 100% at his race, beating his goal by more than 10 minutes. Natural remedies work....they just take a little more effort than popping one pill every 12 hours. It is effort well spent, though, with NO side effects that will show up down the road. Take the time to do a little research yourself, I think you will be amazed what you find.
Live Healthy!!




No comments:
Post a Comment