I put this quote by Chuck Colson on my blog back in December under a title of "Tip on Education." I totally agree. In December I did not take the time to expound on this quote. In light of some news that I found out yesterday, I think I will do this now.
My older children have had an awesome science education thus far. They are in the 10th grade, taking Biology, but beginning in the 4th grade they were blessed to have a science teacher that embodies this statement to the max! Since they are homeschooled you may be thinking that I am quite a braggart, but I can assure you I am not talking about myself. I did not do so hot in science when I was in school and I certainly did not learn about creation science. My kids have received almost 100% of their science education from Catie Frates. She is a Creation Scientist, fellow home school mom, and I am blessed to be able to say a personal friend of mine. Her materials are intriguing, Biblically accurate, and now - available to you online! www.catiefrates.com
The bad news for me is that she is not going to be teaching live classes anymore in our area and I have to tell you that selfishly, I am crushed by this news. I have never had to worry about my kids science education, and now I have two more little ones who have not had the benefit of Catie's live classes. I will use her DVDs for sure, and I highly recommend them to you as well!
Now, back to the quote - let me type it again to refresh my memory..
"A faulty view of creation has led directly to the conceptual and moral relativism that plagues modern public education….What the schools do today determines what society will be tomorrow.” Chuck Colson
First, let me define "moral relativism" - it is kind of a theological term that you may or may not be familiar with. I know I was not until I attended my first Worldview Seminar oh, about 2 years ago! According to dictionary.com the word relative means "existing or having its specific nature only by relation to something else; not absolute or independent.." The term "moral relativism" is a philosophical term that refers to the belief that morals are not absolute, instead they change from person to person, culture to culture, and year to year based on whatever is "socially" acceptable at the time.
I am here to declare to you that, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Hebrews 13 His Word does not change, He does not falter with the times. If His Word says it is wrong, it is wrong - always, no exceptions.
So, back to the quote....why does the belief in moral relativism run rampant among young people of America today? I believe that the writer of this quote hit the nail on the head. They are taught faulty science from the literal beginning. If you are taught that life began in a sludge of primordial soup, which they are, why would you have any respect for life - yours or anyone elses? Why would you care about your neighbor? Why would you not steal things that don't belong to you, but that you want? Why would you not believe in abortion if you find yourself pregnant with a baby you do not want? Why would you think of anyone except yourself? Why would you believe that there is any purpose to your life?
You wouldn't and most people don't. I wouldn't either if I did not know beyond any shadow of a doubt that there is a God in Heaven and He is the Alpha and the Omega - the beginning and the end, the same yesterday, today, and forever -- and here's the best part....He is coming again!!
However, public education in America is destroying the moral fabric of our nation.
While I am at it, I will say one more controversial thing about the public education system in America. All organizations have a goal - a point for all they do, and there is not such thing as a "non-religious" organization. We all have a spirit and a physical body and we were all created in the image of God, therefore, we are all religious. We long for something to worship and everyone worships someone or something. Some people worship themselves and set themselves up as the supreme being in their own lives. The term for this type of religion is secular humanism. John Dewey, who had a profound influence on the American public education system that we have today was a secular humanist. In his work A Common Faith, he rejected all things supernatural and a supernatural God. The heart of this type of belief is that man is the Supreme Authority. God becomes a nuisance when you declare yourself sovereign. This is what we have going on in our public education system today. I know there are wonderful Christian teachers and administrators in the school system, but from the top down there is an agenda. There is a blatant agenda that no one is even trying to hide anymore.
If you are still reading this, please hear one thing. It is your responsibility to research and make an informed decision about education. There is so much information available at the stroke of a keyboard. Please, please, look into the history of public education, look into creation science - the answers are right there, the science is on the side of creation, despite what we are told to believe. God is always there, He is still on the throne, and He is shining His marvelous light into the lives and hearts of those who seek Him.




No comments:
Post a Comment