
You are one month old today!
Time flies when you have a newborn in the house. The good news is that at least for now, I am a morning person! If you know me, you know that I am NOT a morning person. However, God has truly given me grace in the area of sleep this past month. Even with just 3 and an occasional 4 hour stretch, I am ready to go when baby eats at 5:30 or 6:00 am. This is HUGE for me!
I am up, with coffee on, bottles clean, a load of clothes in the wash, hubby's breakfast cooked and homemade formula in the blender before 8:00. It is only to boast in the Lord that I am sharing this, because those who know me in "real" life are seriously laughing right now.
I do want to say that getting back into the swing of school is not going so well. We are doing good to get Math done and a chapter in our book read every day. The house is semi-tolerable, but that is mostly thanks to my cleaning lady who comes in once a week and scoops us out of our pit.
Baby is great, though. He is sleeping well and rarely cries. He is a bit snotty today and I am praying that is due to his chiropractic adjustment yesterday and not a cold coming on. We have one in the house with a little cold, so I have the remedies out in full force. Normally, I would leave a cold alone to work itself out, but in this case, I have pulled out the big guns. Even the baby is getting a drop or two of immune boosting tincture.
I'm not sure that I have mentioned it yet here, but I will take the time now to fill you in. Our baby was born with a club foot. They did not realize it in the initial medical report, and then just before we were leaving to pick him up, they informed my pediatrician about it. I remember the attorney asking, "Are you still going to take him?" Oh my...I can't believe he had to ask! It never occurred to us not to take him based on this birth defect.
Anyway, now he has a cast on his left leg, all the way up to his thigh. We go to the pediatric orthopedic doctor's office once a week and they cut off the cast and put on a new one. Each one is in a little different position. This week, the doctor commented that his foot looked so good already, that he may not need all six weeks of the casting. Wow - what an answer to prayer. At the end of the series, they have to cut his Achilles tendon and then cast again for three consecutive weeks. That sounds horribly painful to me, but the doctor assures us that it is easier for him than an adult Achilles injury. His tendon will actually grow back with the right amount of elasticity. Otherwise, the tightness of the tendon would pull the club foot back into the twisted position.
This is what we will be dealing with this summer, but by the middle of July, he will be good to go - with the exception of a little shoe that he will wear at night for a couple of years. Once his treatment is over, we will be headed to the mountains for vacation with my family - including my new nephew, who is 3 weeks younger that our baby. We are so excited!
Thanks for continuing to keep us in your prayers and thanks for caring about our family.




No comments:
Post a Comment