I submit to you today that maybe when things get hard it means you are in His will.
After all, why would the enemy oppose you if you are not doing him any harm? If you are a born again child of God, satan knows you are ultimately out of his reach. Then, his goal for you shifts. Instead of trying to win you over to his side, he becomes determined to prevent you from sharing the love of Christ with others. If you are stagnant in your relationship with Christ and you are a "doom and gloom" Christian, you are not hindering satan at all. In fact, you just may be helping him out. He will likely leave you alone.
But, you just go ahead and share the gospel with your neighbor or volunteer to facilitate a marriage retreat....or um...adopt a baby. Then, after you adopt said baby, go ahead a try to keep up with homeschooling your other children and being a proper helpmeet to your husband.
I dare you, go ahead.
Life for me is hard right now. I feel the oppression of the enemy as much as I have ever felt it in my life. I know that means I am doing something right, but I have to tell you it feels like I am doing everything oh so wrong! My house is falling apart, my children are constantly bickering and whining, my husband is dissatisfied with the way I do, or more often don't do, any and everything, the baby is coughing, I have my third cold in as many months, and I am so incredibly tired.
Now that you have heard my sob story, let me give you "the rest of the story."
"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
As much as I feel like every human person in my life thinks I am a complete failure - except maybe the baby, he really seems to love me - a lot. So much in fact, that he wants me to carry him everywhere, all the time! As for the other people in my life, they don't seem quite so enamored with me. As I type, my 12 year old is having a major breakdown, my 8 year old is sobbing because "reading is too hard" and my husband came home during lunch to "surprise" us and left in not such a good mood. Due, I'm sure to the fact that I can not seem to maintain even a semblance of order around here lately.
Anyway, all that to say that while the humans in my life are not thinking real highly of me right now, I have never felt more loved by my Heavenly Father. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that He is happy that I am not able to keep our home the way I know my husband likes it. In fact, I'm positive that He sees my tendency towards laziness even more clearly than my husband does. I am also positive that He is waiting for me to spend more time seeking His face on behalf of my family and fighting this spiritual battle the way I know it must be fought - only in His power and by His name.
However, while I feel totally discouraged right now and while I have had way too many pity parties recently, I also feel peace. Peace that we are doing something right in our lives. Peace that simple obedience is what my Daddy wants. Obedience, even when it is hard. Even when it feels wrong. Even when I want to take the easy way out.
Life is hard, but my God is good - all the time. I know that one day, very soon, He will calm the storm that we are in, and until He does, I feel Him riding it with me. Every second of every day. The daily struggles that I am having will get better. Things will even out around here, as they always have in the past. The things we are going through are nothing compared to the struggles others have in this life. I feel silly even making note of them. Mainly, I just need to vent and I also want you to know that we are not perfect. We struggle with our kids, our marriage, and our lives - just like each of you. Just like everyone does. In this world, we all have trouble.
Thank you Jesus, that because of You, we can live each day in light of eternity.




No comments:
Post a Comment