Saturday, July 2, 2011

Random

I know I haven't posted a thing since my blog makeover.  It is not because I don't have anything to say - on the contrary, there is a lot going on around here that I would like to blog about, but I just can't right now.  For now I will say that we had a great time with family in town - water park, putt-putt, movies, restaurants.  It was a full week with loads of time spent with cousins, aunts, and grandparents.  Good times!

We have also spent some rainy days at home this past week, trying to get some "summer school" work done.  Yeah, because that's what we do.  Patrick is FINALLY trying to walk - four or five steps in a row - but, only when he feels like it.  So, I don't really say he is walking, but we are definitely getting there.

We have rearranged our road trip schedule.  The change happened for a lot of reasons.  The main one being that I was the only one excited about it.  Everyone else kept asking again and again exactly how many hours we would be spending in the car.  This was my clue that they were not going to be happy campers in the car, thus all I would hear from the front seat was bickering and complaining.  NOT my idea of a fun road trip.  So....we decided to pay a visit to my mother in law's condo on Panama City Beach.  It has literally been years and years since we have been there.  So long in fact, that the younger ones say they don't remember ever going.  This is kind of sad to my mother in law (and myself) because we have some great memories of times spent there.  Starting next week, we will be making some more!

From there we will head to Birmingham and Chattanooga to stay at my mother in law's house and do some day trips.  Then, Stan will meet us and we will go to the NC mountains with my whole family!  We always vacation in the same spot that my parents and grandparents used to take my sister and me when we were little.  It is an awesome little place - rustic cabins, lake for tubing and fishing, square dances, and hiking trails.  Cell phones don't work and Internet is very sketchy!!  MY kind of place!!

So, that is what is going on in our lives from a practical standpoint.  "Deeper" posts will be forthcoming.  They are all in the "drafts" section right now as my mind is busy sorting.

Happy Summer!!

No comments: