Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Strange Happenings

"Then he said to them, "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven. But before all this they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name’s sake." Luke 21:10-12


Life is so strange sometimes.  There is so much weird stuff going on all over the world.  An earthquake was felt in my hometown yesterday.  As far as I know, they don't have earthquakes there - at least I never heard of such a threat in the 22 years I lived there.  The lightening storms in South Florida this year have been bizarre.  Amazing, beautiful, powerful - yet, bizarre.  There is a hurricane brewing right now off the coast - not really unusual for this time of year, but combined with all the other weird patterns - it just adds to the strangeness of it all.  


Wars, famines, droughts.  Suffering all over the world.  I realize these things have always happened in various places.  I also realize that every generation likely thinks that they are "the one."  Wishful thinking, you say?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  One day, the generation alive will be "the one."  The one that sees the return of the One, True King.  The one who sees the clouds split and the Son of Man return the way He ascended.  I really don't have any desire to tackle a doctrinal post today, it is the first week of school after all.  I just read the Bible, love Jesus, and try to discern His voice from the myriad of others that scream into my thoughts.  Most often, His is the one that isn't screaming!  As for end times, all I can say is that when I look at the things going on in the world, I really hope the pre-tribbers are right!  


Speaking a little more pragmatically, we have a lot of things going on in our personal life.  I wish I could share everything - and I will, soon.  All I can say is that things for me feel very shaky right now.  Kind of like that earthquake yesterday in my hometown.  Overall, though, even though things are happening in my life that are out of my control, I have much to be thankful for.  I have an amazing husband, five beautiful kids, and even more important than those things, a personal relationship with the God of the Universe.  It really doesn't get any better than that!











No comments: