Through our time of seeking God, we have also decided to dive into some things that we have been putting off. Joshua and Bryce have applied for a three month internship with a ministry in Ireland. They will be doing some ministering themselves in the form of small group studies with high schoolers, purity programs, and a cafe' ministry. They will also be receiving some really deep theological training. I am so excited about this opportunity and so proud of them for taking this step. They could have chosen to go straight to college, and that is ok too, but I am glad they have decided to spend a year serving and growing in their relationship with Christ.
Bryce has also decided to take a short term mission trip to Ethiopia this summer! That is my absolute dream trip and I am trying really hard not to be jealous! I am so excited for her!! Now we are in the midst of making vaccine decisions, gathering necessary paperwork, and oh joy - FUNDRAISING!!! Speaking of fundraising, if you feel so led, we would be sincerely grateful for your donation toward her trip, every dollar counts and it is tax deductible. She is fundraising with Ordinary Hero, the organization she will be traveling with. You can go here to her page and donate. Also, if you shop in the Ordinary Hero store, where they have really cool t-shirts for men, women, children, and babies, and then note Bryce's name when you check out, then 40% of the cost of your items goes into her account. Thank you so much, and please, even if you can't donate, would you add Bryce and the team to your prayer list as they travel to be the hands and feet of Jesus to these beautiful people?
Our family has decided to go on a mission trip with the church we have been attending here in Arizona. It is a very short trip to an Native American Reservation near the Grand Canyon. I am so excited about this trip because it is for the entire family! Our little guys will be able to experience their first ever mission trip and be able to minister through Bible Clubs to children their own age. I love that!!
We are also still praying about how we are going to be a part of International Voice of the Orphan, the ministry our sweet friends Dwight and Linny just started. You may remember me mentioning Elijah's Hope here before. Please, if you haven't already, check out these pages - they are doing a tremendous work with orphans all over the world, but especially focused in Uganda.
Finally, we are seeking God's will for our family's next step into the adoption world. We have some thing going on now that I wish I could share with you, but I can't just yet. I would so appreciate your prayers though. Some pretty big mountains need to be moved in this situation. We are trusting that God will show us how He wants us to proceed.
So, God is moving in our lives. He is showing Himself always strong, always faithful, and always ready to do HUGE things.
Apart from adoptions and other ministries, we have a few other things going on. We are very excited to be starting an ICC chapter here in Phoenix. The first one in the area!! I am ready to get back into Speech and Debate - we took a year off after Patrick and I have missed it. I am not sure I can say the same about the children, but I am so excited to be sponsoring a chapter. We don't know very many people yet, but I have a lot on interest from a local home school group we have joined. I think it will be enough to get started. In preparation for that, I am going to attend a training in Park City, Utah in a few weeks. I can't wait to get a glimpse of that part of the country. All new surroundings - I love it!!
Joshua and Bryce's graduation is also coming up. I am still not ready to think too hard about graduating my oldest children. If your kids are young, and especially if you are home schooling and you think it will never end - I am here to tell you, it does end! And you will not be ready to think about it either!! We are very excited about traveling back to Naples for the ceremony though and visiting with our friends who we miss SO much.
Then, summer is coming and we have lots of promises for company - which means lots of trips to the Grand Canyon in our future. Joshua and Bryce also have Summit Worldview Camp in July and I am excited to visit Colorado for the first time when I drop them off at camp.
In the midst of all of this, we are hoping to be moving into a house. As I said earlier, this tiny apartment is stretching us in a myriad of ways. No doubt, we needed to be stretched, but we will be thankful to be done with this aspect of our training. I will leave you with a few random pictures - for no other reason than because I can!
Happy Thursday!







No comments:
Post a Comment