Eucharisto
Mindful of favors, thankful, grateful, pleasing to others.
Eucharisto
Life sings of the holiness of the One who made us. All of life is glorious, all of life is worth being thankful for. Even the parts that scream of the ugliness of sin. There is a redeeming quality about everything, simply because He is.
I have been thinking on the word thankfulness lately - eucharisto. Grace - charis. His grace enables us to give thanks, always. No matter what. The grace that redeemed even me is all that is necessary for me to be mindful of the favor of God in my life. The question remains, am I grateful? Do I live in awe of Him?
My daily devotional Jesus Calling has never failed to be perfectly applicable for the day. This week has been no exception. In preparation for some news we recently received, my devotion two days ago said this, "Living well is both a discipline and an art. Discipline your thoughts to trust Me as I work my ways in your life. Pray about everything and leave the outcomes to Me."
Today it said this, "Though you can not hear their voices, your praise and thanksgiving are distinctly audible in heaven. Your petitions are also heard, but it is your gratitude that clears the way to My heart."
The cry of my heart is to "live well." To focus on the things that matter. To be thankful in all things. Even the things that don't go the way I planned. Even the things that seem to be out of control. They very well may be out of my control, but they are never, never out of the control of the One who loves me most of all. The One who does all things well. He is good. Always. No matter what.
Today, I need to rest in that, when uncertainty screams at me and things are not going smoothly according to my plan and when things I thought I wanted are turning into other things that I want just as much. God takes my plans and changes my heart to want His plans. That is the beauty of a life lived well. It glorifies my Creator. It shows a world in chaos that there is order to be found. That Someone holds all things together and that Someone is good.
Right now my life is in a spiral. It is more chaotic than our usual chaos. There are things happening that are bigger than I can see. God is working and moving in many lives. The world screams one thing, my God whispers something else. Even my own heart is deceptive. My heart tells me I want things to go a certain way, yet God whispers into the depths of it all, "Be still. You, my child, need only to want things to go My way." When I struggle to let go and when I struggle to love, He strokes my soul and calms me. He reminds me of the calling He has placed on me. He reminds me to love. Love unconditionally, love completely. "Don't be afraid, beloved. I am in control. Just love. Love and be thankful. I've got the rest."
Ok, God. I give the rest to you. Do with my life what you will. I only desire to live it well.




No comments:
Post a Comment