Thursday, August 23, 2012

Travels and Life


I really want to blog, but I just don't feel very philosophical lately.  My days have been crammed full with trying to write lesson plans - seriously, after fourteen years of home schooling, this is the FIRST time I have written any.  Lyndsey and Graham really need the structure more than Joshua and Bryce did, so I am making lists, writing lesson plans, and realizing all over again that I am really more of a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal. I am also going to be teaching (with Bryce) a writing class that starts in two weeks with a group of kids that we have never even met.  Even though Bryce is doing all of the planning for that, I am still a little nervous.  So, between planning and spending time with family, the days just get away from me.

I need to get started on school, but we still have company - and we are LOVING it!!  My parents are here now and my mother in law and brother in law are coming next week.  After that, we have some more friends coming in and then we move.  Seriously, we may school from October to July next year simply because we have no choice.  I am super thankful that Arizona doesn't have home school laws that dictate attendance.  After all, the world is our classroom and we are taking lots and lots of Arizona field trips!


Nannie and G'daddy at the Grand Canyon

We found a viewing angle we had not seen before.  Gorgeous.

Lyndsey at the GC!

Patrick wearing Lyndsey's hat.  Notice the scratches on his arm where he fell while we were having a picnic at the Grand Canyon.  If you ask him what happened, he says, "I was hiking."  SO cute!

We just had to take Nannie and Granddaddy to the Grand Canyon.  We are getting quite familiar with that drive.  We found a couple of viewing points we had not seen before, so we got to view the GC from a different angle.  It is amazing how different it looks from different overlooks.

I truly can't get enough of God's creation and exploring Arizona is proving to be equal parts exciting and breathtaking.  Next on our list of "field trips" is the Painted Desert, the Petrified Forest, and the Observatory in Flagstaff where we will be able to do some serious star gazing.  We are truly loving the west and all it has to offer and we will be really happy when the hundred degree weather breaks and we get back to those "sunny with a high of 75" days!!


No comments: