Friday, December 28, 2012

Prayer and Fasting

I saw a great FB status today from fellow orphan loving Mama and founder of Project Hopeful, Carolyn Twietmeyer.  It said, When one family hurts in our adoptive family community we ALL feel it...sending all of our love and prayers for too many tonight....ALL for ONE....focusing on the throne  and the One that sits on it....and it isn't Putin."

With that in mind, I am asking you to join International Voice of the Orphan as we pray and fast tomorrow, December 29th.  We are asking God to intervene in the ban on Russian adoptions and other countries, like Guatemala and Cambodia that are already closed with children left there longing for their forever families.  (We have friends with a little girl in Cambodia and they have been waiting for close to two years for her release).

We are also asking God for something else, something that I think is bigger than Putin reversing his decision.  Truly, I do.  Putin has no idea the force that he is reckoning with - adoptive mamas all over the world on their knees, begging God to bring their babies home!  He has NO idea.

What I think will be an even bigger miracle is for God to rock the American church to its very core.  To shake us out of our apathy and to turn the hearts of believers around the globe to the orphan.  We live in a nation of abundance the likes that has never been seen before in history.  Yet, we hoard our stuff and count our money like Scrooge.  Counting the costs and trying to figure out if we can "afford" to bring another child home.  Friends, we can not afford not to.  This is our issue.  We need to own it.

Please join us tomorrow and let's storm the gates of Heaven on behalf of the orphan.  God is waiting to shower His blessings on our pleas.  I know He is.

I can not wait to see what He is going to do.

No comments: