As I was reading through some of my favorite blogs this morning, I found these questions on Kelly's Korner, and thought answering them would be a great way to ring in the New Year with you bloggy friends. Feel free to comment your own answers or leave me a link to your blog in the comment section.
1. What are you most thankful for?
It is easy for me to give the "general" answer to this question. Jesus and my family. I am being completely honest with those answers, but obviously not very specific. I think I will just leave the specifics for the next questions.
2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you?
2012 was a very eventful year for us. We made a cross country move from FL to AZ. Counting the move from our home in FL we moved a total of three times this year, two temporary places while remodeling the home we purchased and finally moved into a couple of months ago - that was a big fat pain in the rear. Our oldest two graduated from high school and we home schooled the entire way through!! Bittersweet. We got to road trip in the late Spring, driving from Arizona to Florida and visiting friends along the way. Fun!! We also were blessed with tons of friends and family visiting us in Arizona this summer - we made several trips to the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and San Diego. It was great!
3. What are you hoping for in 2013?
My biggest hope is to grow closer to Christ in all that I do and to glorify Him. I also hope that the same happens for each of my five children as they all embark on a new life here in Arizona. Our oldest two start college in the fall, so I pray that they will meet new friends that they can walk through life with and that they draw closer to Christ in their new environment. We hope to travel to both Africa and Europe some time this year. We are praying about a few things that I can't mention in detail yet, but that just might include adding new members to our family - whether permanently or temporarily, we just don't know yet. I know God has huge adventures waiting for us as we continue to love each other and advocate for orphans all over the world!!
4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows...)
Honestly, "hip" clothes are not my thing - I love my UGG boots, but that is purely because they keep my feet warm, and I hate cold feet. I do own a couple of pairs of colored corduroy skinny jeans courtesy of a shopping day with my 14 year old fashionista. I will admit that they are super comfy. I don't get to the movies often either, but I can not wait to see Les Miserables. It will be 2013 when I see it, but technically it is a 2012 movie, and I heard it is fabulous!! Our family has fallen in love with Duck Dynasty this year, so hands down that is our favorite TV Show. Otherwise, I just watch cheesy old movies on Netflix. This question is kind of a "bust" for me - I am just not that cool. But, I will look forward to hearing your answers.
5. Who was God to you in 2012?
In 2012, God was exactly who He always is. In my life personally, He manifested Himself clearly as my rock and my strength. He was my Jehovah Jirah, my Provider. We have seen Him miraculously heal this year, we have felt His presence close to us as we said good-bye to everything familiar. He has been my Comforter when I felt so lonely I could hardly bear it. He has given me the courage and the strength to be there for my children when they missed their friends so desperately. He is the Lover of my soul and He is absolutely everything to me. I am so excited about what He is going to do this year - what new people He will bring into our lives and how He is going to grow our family. In 2012, God was good, the same yesterday, today, and forever. In 2013, He will also be good - with plans to to give my family and me a hope and a future.
Happy New Year!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment