I'm not going to claim that this was a divinely inspired idea, but I did come up with it while I was praying for my friend Hayden and her family, so I decided I better go with it.
I shared last week about my childhood friend Hayden and her family and their daughter Luda who they are in the process of bringing home from Eastern Europe. You can read their story for yourself. They still need quite a lot of money to bring her home and as I have already shared, I believe with all my heart that this is the responsibility of the body of Christ - to jump in and help our brothers and sisters when they are following God's command to ransom these precious treasures. This is not a case of what we have to do, but what we are allowed to be a part of. It is a privilege and an honor to come alongside God in His redemptive work.
So.....
All that said, I am offering just a small incentive to those who will donate to Luda's ransom fund. I have shared before about the essential oils that our family uses. One of my very favorites is Thieves Oil from Young Living. This stuff is potent - and you definitely need some on hand for the remainder of the flu season.
This bottle pictured above retails for $41 plus shipping.
For every $5 you donate to Luda's adoption fund, your name will go into a drawing for a FREE bottle of Thieves, shipped right to your door. You can read more about essential oils, and specifically Thieves in this post.
So, let me recap the "rules." The fundraiser will last until Valentine's Day (Thursday, the 14th) at 5:00 pm. One of my kids will draw the name that evening - and I will post a picture. Go to Hayden's blog and click on the "Ways to Donate" tab. You can donate through the Eli Project for a tax deductible donation or you can just use the "Donate" link on the sidebar. Then, leave me a message in the comment section of the blog or if we are "friends" on Facebook send me a private message telling me how much you donated. For every $5 increment your name will go into the drawing. ($20 = 4 chances to win!!) Share this blog post with as many people as you can. IF we get over 75 people to donate, I will add another bottle of oil to the drawing so that two people get a chance to win. Remember to let me know that you donated because I don't have access to their account and won't be able to see who made the donations.
Friends, fundraising is hard. It is stressful and it is sometimes frightening. The enemy's attacks are fiercer and fiercer the closer you get to bringing a child home. He makes you doubt and wonder if God was ever in this whole adoption thing in the first place. Financial issues are usually the #1 reason people give for why they don't pursue adoption. It should NOT have to be this way. I know that many of you have ministries that are near and dear to your heart and that you already donate to a lot of really good things, but let's face it, five dollars is not that much more than your daily cup of Starbucks. I don't think that I personally know anyone who couldn't afford to donate just $5. That's all I'm asking you to do today. $5
Please, let's get together and DO this!! Luda's adoption could be fully funded just one $5 donation at a time. Please share and please give.
Thank you - truly, thank you.





No comments:
Post a Comment