Thursday, April 2, 2015

Courage for Today

Do you need encouragement today dear one?  Do you need someone to just SEE you?

Me too.

So, let me be the one to tell you all the things the Lord whispered to me during the night, when I couldn't sleep, when I was awake - "borrowing" tomorrow's troubles as I am apt to do, and then finally remembering that tomorrow will have enough trouble of its own and tonight I am unable to sleep maybe, just maybe, because my Savior wants to whisper something to me.  And I think He wants you to know it too.

You are enough.  You are enough of a wife, enough of a mom, enough of a sister and daughter, enough of a friend.  When the world feels like it is closing in, when your life seems in utter disrepair and chaos reigns.  When your husband is needy and your kids are needy.  When the enemy whispers that you are a failure.  You are enough.

You are enough, not because you can do it on your own.  No, you are enough because you can't.  And it is good because you don't have to.  You are stronger than you think you are - but that is because of Christ who lives IN you.  You can not do it on your own - but He can.  On us as mothers He laid the mantle of a tender and nurturing heart.  It is what makes us vulnerable and easily damaged -- but it is also what makes us strong.  In our weakness and vulnerability, He works in us to raise the next generation of warriors and of nurturers.  You matter dear one.  Your work here, however thankless it may feel - matters.

I am discouraged right now with just about every aspect of life.  God is moving in our midst and when He does, things stretch, pruning begins.  Pruning hurts.  Our lives right now feel out of our control - and this is when I anticipate His movement the most.  This is when the impossible becomes our reality.

So - take heart, dear one.  He is alive in you.  Rejoice in the trials - they are paving the way for the things that the world will tell you can never happen.  God doesn't appreciate "never" from the world - His response is always, "Just watch!"

"Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer.  From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint.  Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I, for you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the enemy."  Psalm 61




No comments: