"There is an invisible red thread that connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." Ancient Chinese Proverb
I love this Chinese proverb. Before you guys think I have stepped over into "ancient Chinese wisdom" let me explain. I love it because it proves to me that throughout every culture - every tongue, tribe and nation - our sovereign God, the Creator of the Universe, has placed His truth into the hearts of men. Even men who have NO idea who He really is. There IS an invisible thread, and it is the thread woven by the Master Weaver - the One who controls the destinies of all men everywhere.
Acts 17:26 says, "And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place."
Clearly, I have adoption in the forefront of my heart and mind right now, but it boggles my mind to think of how this plays out in life in general. There are so many people that I call friend that I should not even know. So many that have crossed my path, prayed for me, invested in my life, cried with me - that apart from the sovereign destiny of a God that has the capability to control atoms, I would never have known existed. Whether it is a private FB group for special needs adoption, a popular blogger turned "real life" friend, girlfriends that I have never laid eyes on but who I have prayed and cried with while they traveled to outlying African orphanages with my 18 year old daughter, and now a small abandoned baby boy in a remote area of a country far, far across the ocean. Our God is the absolute best tapestry maker.
If you are struggling today - feeling lost or without purpose, feeling overwhelmed or God forbid, "guilty" -- like you are not "doing" enough. Please hear me -- this life is not about "doing" -- yes, we are supposed to follow God's call on our lives and yes, there is much much work to be done. But, friends - He is the tapestry maker - and it is so much more beautiful when we let Him do the weaving. I am no good at crafts and I can't sew a button on. At the end of it all, when God shines His perfect light on that invisible thread, I don't want to see the tangled mess it will be if I am the one trying to weave it. Let Him direct your paths - they may not be straight and they may not be smooth and easy -- but when we look back, they will be beautiful.
A beautiful MESS, a glorious MESS -- that is what I want to see when all things are made clear.




No comments:
Post a Comment