Friday, February 9, 2007

Girls Night Out

Well, last night was "Girls Night Out." A group of nine of us met at a local Italian restaurant/sushi bar and then the plan was to go across the street and paint pottery. Now, if you are artistically challenged like I am, you know that painting pottery does not relax you. And if I am going on a girls night out, I am going to relax, by golly. So, one friend and I opted out of the pottery and we just went for the food. It was a great time to relax and have a whole meal without having to stop mid-bite and take someone to the bathroom or mop up a spilled drink. It was also quite a treat not to have to crawl around under the table, with my rear in the air, looking for dropped crayons. Do you know how much gum is under there? Anyway, the meal was delicious and after the other 7 girls had gone over to the pottery shop, my friend and I decided to splurge on dessert. We decided to eat the flourless chocolate cake, because we both love chocolate and I am trying really hard not to eat any refined flour foods. No, I don't want to know how much refined sugar was in there. In this particular restaurant the flourless chocolate cake was called "Sin from Hell" - we were not crazy about the name - but we ate the cake anyway. After dinner we went for a short walk and we were home in time to put the kids to bed. I realize that usually the highlight of girls night out is not having to put the kids to bed, but mine are getting older and bedtime is not quite the fiasco it used to be, so I thought I would make it home in time to rescue my older daughter, who had been babysitting until dad got home, and help get everyone to sleep. I find that as my kids get older I don't feel the need for a night out quite as often, though I do enjoy the fellowship and time to catch up with girlfriends without the interruptions of little ones. It was a good night.

No comments: