Thursday, February 8, 2007
Welcome
You are reading the very first post on my website, For Such A Time As This. Welcome to my life, such as it is. I chose this name because my heart's desire is to glorify God in this, the life He has blessed me with. As I'm sure you will see in future posts, I struggle with contentment. I am thankful beyond words for the blessings I have, but often I wonder if my days really matter. I want my life to count and sometimes it is hard for me to see over the mounds of laundry and the endless dirty dishes and realize that the Creator of the Universe placed me, right here in the hot Florida sun, in 2007 because this is my time. Acts 17:26b says "and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live." Wow. He is not surprised that I live here and He is not surprised that I struggle with whether or not I am a good mom or whether or not my children do enough math or enough spelling. He knows that deep down inside my one desire is to please Him and live only for His glory, yet in the day to day routine, sometimes I don't even take the time to laugh with my children. Some days the petty arguments and the spilled drinks add up to make me frustrated and irritable and far from the place I truly desire to be. My prayer as I begin my very first blog is that as I share my life, with all of its ups and downs with you, that someone reading may be encouraged and that somehow my feeble attempt at writing may glorify the One whom I love with all of my heart. Welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment