
The picture may indicate that I have some BIG news for you - and I do!! However, it is not what you are probably thinking - no, I'm not pregnant. Not physically pregnant anyway. Is there any other way, you may ask? Well, actually there is. We are officially "pregnant" on paper and soon our paperwork will be filed with the USCIS office (immigration) and we will be in the "ultrasound" stages. Labor and delivery are uncertain at this time, but we will keep you posted.
The object of our devotion is a baby girl, due to be born any second in Sao Luis, Brasil. We are beside ourselves thinking about this little girl and what she will mean in our family. We are being told that this adoption is going to be next to impossible, due to the fact that Brasil is not a common country to adopt from and the United States does not approve very many visas from Brasil. It is a very good thing that "with our God, all things are possible" because otherwise, we might despair based on what we are being told by attornies and homestudy agents. Yes, I know that they are the "experts" and I know that they do this sort of thing for a living - but, I also know that this baby girl was offered to us by dear friends of ours who live in Brasil. We did not ask for this baby, we had not even begun paperwork to adopt - though it is something we have prayed about for years. We received a call asking us if we would be willing to take this baby, whose brave, young mother has chosen LIFE. Willing??? We are honored and privileged to be asked to raise this baby into a young lady who loves the Lord. Therefore, we do not despair, but we pray fervently to the Lord of all hope. We feel that since He has offered us this baby, He has planned to see that this adoption takes place. We are doing our part by filing the necessary paperwork and Brasil has already held a hearing to approve our adoption. We are ready to go in their country and we are waiting (somewhat patiently) for approval from ours. We would covet your prayers as well. Thank you.




No comments:
Post a Comment