

Another week has come and gone and it is Friday. I was able to spend another morning at the beach with my "beach buddies." It seemed like a smaller group of moms this morning, but a larger group of kids. How does that work out? I think it is because our kids are growing up and many of them are driving now, so if Mom has a conflict, it doesn't stop the oldest two or three kids in the family from coming anyway. Can it be that Graham was the youngest on the beach this morning? As I think about it, I believe he was. Ten years ago, we all had little ones. Nursing babies, crawling babies, and the oldest were probably nine or ten. There was less talking among the moms and more chasing runaway toddlers up the beach, that is for sure. Now, we are gathered around in our beach chairs, solving the world's problems. I wish it were that easy, but in fact, our Friday mornings are really just a respite in a crazy world. A time of connecting and re-grouping with fellow believers, a time of encouraging and exhorting from the Word, and a time for our kids to hang out with their friends. We spend most of the time talking about things we are all passionate about. The books we are reading, what God is doing in our lives and the lives of our kids, what we are learning over the summer. I covet these mornings and I don't let go of them easily. As I have already said, these ladies inspire me to be a better wife, a better mom, and to live each day in light of eternity.
I searched online and found an actual picture of Lowdermilk Park which is our beach hang out. I thought you might like to see exactly where we pitch our umbrellas every Friday morning. Have a great day!




No comments:
Post a Comment