
This past week I did not give my children the week off from schoolwork because we had company in town from out of the country, the whole while knowing that with Thanksgiving coming we would certainly not get much done this week either!
I also did not allow my dear Brazilian friend to cook dinner almost every single night because it was sooooo delicious, even though she is here in America to rest and relax!
I know my ears are not ringing with the sound of constant whining from my six year old this week and I certainly did not allow the thought to cross my mind that maybe he should be the only one of our children to attend "real" school!
Finally
... now that I just finished typing the previous sentence, the above mentioned six year old did not just run to me with face shining to tell me how his sister just helped him finish his reading lesson to "surprise" me and make me happy!
So, all that to say, in all truthfulness, even with ringing ears.....I love my life so much, and I thank God daily for the opportunity to watch my children grow and learn together -- and yes, sometimes whine!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment