
In an attempt to get back to normal, I don't want to miss the book review this week.
I want to tell you about a series of books that my kids really enjoy. Sarah Maxwell, who is the oldest daughter of Steve and Terri Maxwell, of the ministry Titus 2, wrote four books about the Moody Family. In these books, titled Summer With the Moodys, Autumn With the Moodys, Winter With the Moodys, and Spring With the Moodys, you and your children can follow the every day life and adventures of the four Moody children and their parents.
Like Elsie Dinsmore, sometimes the Moody children seem a little "too good to be true." They are almost instantly repentant when they have an argument or when they disobey their parents - both of which happen very infrequently. They have soft hearts towards Jesus and they spend a lot of time encouraging one another in the Lord. In our home, where conservative standards are taught and our children love each other immensely, things are a little crazier than portrayed in these books. However, as I said with Elsie, I will say again; this is what we strive toward and this is the peace and the hearts turned towards the father that we desire. These books are a fun way to illustrate the possibility of being totally open to what Jesus has for you, even as a child. They show even very young children that you are never too young to serve Jesus and to help others as unto the Lord.
My children have enjoyed them. I am in the middle of reading through the series again to Graham and Lyndsey (6 & 10). They are really getting a lot of inspiration from the Moody children, especially in the area of Scripture memorization. I highly recommend the books. They can be purchased online at www.titus2.com - Enjoy!




No comments:
Post a Comment