
**Update: The Tide lost the game 20 - 31. They played hard and it was a great game. The Gators just made NO mistakes at all! They played better....that is just the way it was! The good news is that Joshua's friends were very gracious winners and Dad said nothing that he regrets today! It was a lot of fun and a great season. Roll Tide!!**
Today is the day! I must admit I have never been a huge fan of sports at all. I grew up as non athletic as they come - the most strenuous thing I do is turn the pages of whatever book I am buried in today! I have no brothers and my dad's outdoor hobbies were, and still are, hunting and fishing. I can shoot a bird out of a tree, but I can't connect a ball and bat to save my life!
Then, I married my husband, who is from Alabama. If you know anything about the great state of Alabama, you know that if you reside within its borders, you must make a choice! You MUST be either an "Alabama" fan or an "Auburn" fan. Every once in a while someone moves to the area that likes Tennessee or Georgia, but for the most part it is AL or AU. College football is serious business in the South and I do mean serious. You plan momentous events like weddings, and even funerals, around certain games. Who would dare marry or (gasp) DIE on the weekend of the Iron Bowl?!?!
Our family has resided in Florida for the past 13 years. We have great friends here, and we like it a lot, but home....well, Naples is really not the "south" no matter what the map says, and once a Southerner, always a Southerner! So, we still get a little nostalgic in the Fall and we wish we were tailgating with our Alabama friends and family this time of year - but, alas, we are watching the game on our wide screen TV.....with our friends.....who are all Florida Gators!!
Today is the showdown and our teenage son has invited a whole roomful of his friends to watch with us! We will be completely outnumbered, in our own home, by Florida fans!! Dad has promised that he will not lose his temper, he will not utter any words that he will later have to apologize for, and he will be a good sport - NO MATTER the outcome!
But, come on Mr. Saban--do us a favor down here in Gator land....WIN BIG!!!
Roll Tide!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment