So, last night was our annual Christmas Talent Show with our home school group. You could not tell from the 48 acts and 2 straight hours of performances that our kids are just itching to share all their talents - and I do mean ALL of them! We had everything from singing, dancing, and piano playing, to violin playing, karate expos, and interpretations. My personal favorite (and I am not biased about this AT ALL) was from the Communicators For Christ group. It was their own personal rendition of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with some memory verses thrown in from the younger kids.
I have to tell you that I was so proud of my kids in this performance.....not because they all four looked great, remembered their lines, and spoke clearly.....but, because if you had asked them six months ago if they would be willing to get up on the stage in front of ALL (and I do mean ALL) of their friends and perform this way, they would have REFUSED (in all caps!!!). This was so out of their comfort zones and I am really, really thrilled that they have come so far in the past few months since joining this Communicators for Christ Chapter. In club they learn that as believers we have the responsibility to learn to speak in front of others. We must learn to speak clearly and we must present ourselves well, because after all, we have the best message of all and we can't help but share it!!
We have done this same performance at a local nursing home and we have another platform next week to do it again. They have been privileged to bless quite a few people so far with this interp and next week they will add the Christmas Story from Luke 2 to the mix.
Check them out on YouTube.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGstZyV7s20




No comments:
Post a Comment