
Happy Monday!
I truly hope you are all feeling a little better than I am this morning, because I have to tell you it was NOT me who ate about a dozen "reindeer dropping" Christmas treats last night when we had friends over for dinner and it was NOT me who found myself on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night throwing up! It is also NOT me who is really hoping that it was the cookies and not some stomach flu that is going to get us all the week before Christmas, because, yes, you guessed it, it was also NOT my ten year old who also threw up in the middle of the night. For the record, she ate almost as many "reindeer droppings" as I did!! Apparently, these things are not the best for our family to eat -- but, I have to tell you, they were definitely NOT about the most delicious Christmas candy I have ever had, even if I did pay dearly for eating them.
In keeping with the sick theme, it is also NOT our family who has to perform in a Christmas talent show for our homeschool group tonight at 7:00, so whatever this is I have, it certainly better me gone by then!
It is NOT me who started out so strong with my Christmas shopping the day after Thanksgiving and then has not bought a present since and still has a pretty long list.
It is NOT me who has wrapped, cooked, and baked absolutely nothing!
And it is NOT me who is so thankful for this season and for the gift of Jesus Christ that I am determined that none of the fluff and frills and busyness will force me to take my eyes off of the baby in the manger.
"For His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace."




No comments:
Post a Comment