Monday, January 19, 2009

Go....and be free!

I never knew death could be so sweet
I never knew surrender could feel so free
I never seen such meekness in majesty
That the blood of Jesus was bled for me

And now I sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me

How beautiful the blood flow
How merciful the love show
The King of glory poured out
Victorious are we now

Never knew through these nails would love unfold
And never knew these wounds would heal my soul
I've never seen such beauty and sorrow meet
The blood of Jesus was bled for me

And now I sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me

[Repeat Chorus]

Now I'll sing freedom for all my days
It's only by the power of the cross I'm raised
The King of Glory rescued me

[Repeat Chorus]

How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior

How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior

We sang this song yesterday in church after an absolutely amazing sermon full of the Truth of who Jesus is and the power He possesses. Power that most of us never fully realize the extent of. Power that lives inside of us and Power that wants to set us free! When our pastor ended the service he said, "I love you guys - go, and be free!" Wow! It was a sermon that spoke right to my heart, a sermon that our world needs to hear. Jesus, the One and Only way to the Father, gave His life to set us free! I searched for the word freedom in Scripture and the list is long. Here are a few verses that I would like to share with you. I don't know who reads my blog....but, whoever you are, I pray for you. I love you for taking your time to read what I have to say. If I can communicate anything at all to you it would be this message.....allow Jesus Christ to set you free - those who are freed by the Son, are free indeed!

"For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery." Galations 5:1


"For one who has died has been set free from sin." Romans 6:7


"For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:2


"and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:32


"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed..." Luke 4:18

No comments: