
Could I possibly be the mother of two 15 year olds? It appears it is true. Yesterday, my oldest two children turned 15 years old. I just want to say to them both - Happy, Happy Birthday!!!
You two are the ones I have loved the longest. We have been through a lot to get where we are today - happily settled in Florida. You are exactly what I wish I had been at your age - you are strong in your faith, mature in your behavior (most of the time), and always you bring joy to my heart. When I look at you, I know that God has blessed me immeasurably more than all I could ever have asked or imagined. You have grown into young adults that would make any Mama proud, and have made this Mama thankful beyond belief. I know that I had very little to do with who you are today, you are the ones who have taught me. I have learned so much being around you and watching you allow God to work in your life. My favorite verse through all of our home schooling days has been from Isaiah 54:13 "And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children." The peace of God is evident in both of you and I give God all the glory and honor for that. He is going to use both of you mightily as you continue to grow in Him every day and allow Him alone to direct your paths.
I am so grateful that He loaned you to me for this short time, and my, has it been short. I love that He gave us the blessing of home schooling, and I will hold dear forever the days we have spent curled up on the couch reading and the hours of conversations we have shared. Most parents never get to spend in a lifetime the amount of time we have spent together. Thank you for the joy and laughter you bring into our home. You are going to make amazing parents yourself one day. My prayer for you both is that you follow God whereever He leads. I have no doubt in my mind that He has awesome things planned for you both.
You are now at the age that you are beginning to make decisions for yourself about your life and your future. God is already speaking to both of you. Daddy and I stand amazed as we watch you make decisions that are mature beyond your years, especially in our culture today. You truly stand apart from your counterparts in the world. You also stand together with a great group of close peers. Others like you, who want to be different in the world you are going to raise your family in. Who challenge you, and stretch you, and who you can have fun with and be yourself around. You are blessed with a group of friends unlike anything I have ever seen. Keep those friends close, be iron sharpening iron friends to them, and let them be that for you.
Trust God always and always let Jesus be the Lord of your life, and not only your Savior. He alone will lead you down the path ordained for you before the foundations of the earth. I love you both so much! Thank you for who you are. You truly bring me great joy.




No comments:
Post a Comment