Friday, January 30, 2009

Germs, germs, germs....




We have been invaded at our house by these nasty little critters!! Apparently a stomach virus has mutated and stretched its nasty, vomit wielding tentacles all over the available hard surfaces in our home, and in no particular order, we are dropping like flies over here! It all started almost two weeks ago, with Joshua, who always gets a milder version of what everyone else has and is also the quietest male patient in the civilized world. He moaned a little bit and slept late one day, and that was about it. It fooled me into thinking that he ate something that didn't agree and we went on about our business, completely unaware of what was coming!

Then, three days later I wake up to that horrible gagging sound that all moms dread to hear, and turn over in bed (MY bed), to see Graham puking all over the sheets and pillow (MY sheets and pillow). That was about 7:00 am and the puking continued, I kid you not, for the next FIFTEEN hours!!!!! Finally, it stopped, the fever shot up and that lasted the next twelve hours. For a couple of days after that, my high strung, bouncing off the walls six year old just laid around. It was sad, I tell you, and I begged Stan to remind me of the illness when Graham was well and I began once again to complain how he can't be still. (It happened the first day he was well, just so you know. I had to call Stan at work to remind me that I was happy he was bouncy again!)

Meanwhile, on day 2 for Graham, Bryce gets the nastiness and she stayed in bed for two solid days - fighting it like a champion. Just when I thought all was well, Lyndsey is now down for the count, almost two whole weeks after the first incident. She threw up, like her brother every twenty-thirty minutes for FIFTEEN hours!!!! She ran a fever all last night, and now we are on Day 2, the 'I'm weak as a dishrag and just feeling really cruddy' day. Yet, my children, who eat like little horses most of the time, are starving and try to overload their shaky tummies too early with things like banana peppers (that was Graham) and orange juice (that was Lyndsey) and then they wonder why their bodies rebel and they are back over the toilet!!

Now, there is no one left but Stan and me. We are praying for a reprieve, but if things continue on the current path...I will be blogging from bed in the next day or so. Or maybe Mom will get a break and not catch it. We will see.

So, I am in cleaning mode. I even hauled out the Clorox, and for those of you who know me, you know that bleach is a no no around here. We are all "green" when it comes to chemicals and cleaning supplies. But, sometimes you gotta be sure you have killed the little boogers!

Where ever you are, I hope that these nasty little bugs bypass your house! Take care!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Banana peppers and orange juice, uugh! That makes me gag thinking about it. I am in the dishrag recovery mode right now. It is nasty.