Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Prayer Request

Many of you that I know in "real life" are aware that I have deactivated my Facebook account for a few months. There is a reason I did that - and very, very soon I am going to have an amazing God story to share with you! It will be a story of heartbreak and betrayal, spiritual growth, forgiveness, redemption, authority, and finally of reconciliation. I know this is true because the Providential hand of God has been guiding my destiny, even before I knew Him personally. Now that I do know Him, I am practicing the art of looking for His Hand, His scarlet thread that runs through my life and weaves a picture. A picture that sometimes looks messy and out of kilter and sometimes looks bold and beautiful. A "beautiful mess" is a great way to describe it.


A beautiful mess.


I want to ask you, my blog readers, to pray for me and for my family. No one is sick, our marriage is strong, and Stan still has a job. I know those are the first things that run through minds when prayer is requested. I will share the whole story when God has finished playing it out - right now, we are trusting Him who is able to do more than we have asked or imagined and we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that His will is what will prevail.


"Many are the plans in the mind of a man,but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand." Proverbs 19:21


God's purpose will prevail in our lives right now, of that we are totally sure. We are also sure that "All things work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purposes." Romans 8:28 We love Him more than life and we are totally and utterly positive that we are called according to His purposes; so we have no worries.

We always love prayers though, and we covet yours.

Last night when I went to my Bible study, I asked God to speak to me regarding the concerns in my heart and He did - loud and clear, and in a Texas drawl. In the Beth Moore study on Esther, we were discussing the verse from Esther that says, "And who knows that you have been called to royal position for such a time as this." Do not think it escaped my notice that God used the very title of my blog to speak to me when I asked Him for comfort and assurance.

When discussing this verse, Beth Moore points out that in English the phrase "who knows" often refers to a casual way of saying, "Well, who knows if this is right or not?" Almost like, well, it may or may not be the thing to do. In this case, Esther surely needed the assurance that Someone knew. Just as in my life right now I need to know that Someone knows.

Who knows? I don't know what will happen, but the assuring this is, I know Who does. What is even more interesting is that Beth Moore said that during the study for the Esther series that she searched out all the times that "who knows" is used together in the Scriptures and the majority of the time the phrase could actually be translated from the following verse in Jeremiah 16:21, "Therefore behold, I am going to make them know--This time I will make them know My power and My might;And they shall know that My name is the LORD."

I ask you again, who knows?

Friends, I know.

I know that the Lord is my God and I know that His purposes stand. I know that He lives and that He is the returning King. God doesn't need to be reassured. The Scriptures were not written to assure Him of who He is - He knows. The Scriptures were written to assure me.

Who knows?

I do.

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth."
Job 19:25

2 comments:

cameron said...

Praying for you my dear sister in Christ. I love and cherish your heart, Shelby.

For Such A Time As This said...

Hey. Thanks for praying. I also want to tell you that I am reading and loving your blog, but I can't leave a comment. Let me know if you know how I can do that. Love you!