
It's been a while since I wrote a post about how much I love my hubby! Actually, now that I think about it, have I ever written a post about how much I love him?!
Well, it is high time I did!
I just want to say that I am so blessed to have this man in my life. God certainly knew what he was doing when He introduced us. He knew that this man would keep me in balance when I threaten to fall over the precipice. He knew that this man would be calm and steady when I am anxious and out of control.
God knew that I needed a man who would never give in to my manipulations and emotional ploys. He knew that I needed someone who would always encourage me to be my very best, and would never allow me to be lazy.
Stan does all of these things so well. He is the perfect opposite of me, and that is so what I need.
Over the years his strong personality is softening just a little. He is not quite as driven as he once was, yet he always gives his all to whatever he has promised to do. He is trustworthy and capable, organized and well respected in his career.
At home, he is more laid back. His driven persona that used to remain totally frustrated at my "fly by the seat of my pants" method of running the house, is starting to go with the flow a little more. He is more willing to join us for ice cream runs at 10:00 pm and he often invites us along on overnight business trips that are within driving distance. Sometimes, he will wait until about 4:00 in the afternoon and call and say, "Hey, will you guys ride with me to Crystal River? We leave at 6:00!" He knows I love this! (Seriously, I love it!)
More than all of these reasons however, I love this man because I am completely secure in his love for me and our family. I trust his heart explicitly and his heart is turned first and foremost to Jesus. For that reason, I know that I can rest in the fact that he will always be here for us. He will never willingly walk away from what we have. We have struggled in our marriage, you can read my marriage posts to see some of that. We have not always been where we are today in our relationship, but those struggles only solidify the fact that I know I can trust him. No matter how bad it gets, we are in this for the long haul. It is such a freeing thing to know that someone loves you completely. It is also humbling. And it is an awesome thing to love someone else that way.
Marriage the way God meant for it to be is truly a beautiful thing.
Then, there are the four beautiful children that God has blessed us with in our marriage. Yet another reason I love this man so much.

Just look at the way he looks at our children. He loves being their daddy and that makes me smile.

I just have to say, too, that these calf muscles he is building up lately training for triathlons look pretty darn good, too!!

I love you Stan!!




No comments:
Post a Comment