
When I say old, I don't really mean old, as in age old....just old as in length of time being friends old.
You know what I mean.
Anyway, last night my friend Marqui came over to spend the night with me. It was like a Mom's 'spend the night.' My hubby was out of town at a fraternity convention in St. Louis, so it was just me and the kiddos. Last time he went out of town, the kiddos had a 'spend the night' so last night I decided that I would have one.
What's fair is fair, right?
Since Marqui had the day off today, I called her up and she drove down. She lives about 45 minutes away. We met when my oldest kids were about five. She is a single mom and we used to home school together. We are like kindred spirits. She is definitely one of my iron sharpening iron friends. She would most certainly tell me if she saw me willfully disobeying God. Over the years we have prayed for each other, done Bible studies together, and helped each other raise our kids.
When she moved to Atlanta in 2004 I was heartbroken, but happy for her. It was the right thing in her life at the time. When she moved back to Florida about 6 months ago, I was happy for me!!
She was there when our youngest was born, waiting right outside in the lobby - the first one after immediate family to hold him. I know I can count on her. She is a godly lady and a dear friend. I am honored to know her.
Two summers ago, we spent a girls week in Charleston, SC. She and her two girls and me and my two. We had a blast - hanging out at the beach, touring antebellum homes, eating at Jestine's Kitchen, and taking a spooky "Ghost Tour" at midnight one night!!
Last night, we watched a Ted Dekker movie, which was much scarier than our ghost tour two years ago, and then we did something I have not done since I was a teenager (no kidding) - shall I tell you what it was????
We stayed up talking until almost 5:00 this morning!!!! I know that is what time most people get up....well, this morning it is what time I went to bed! We slept four hours and then got up and took the kids to the beach. I am still going strong...packing to leave town tomorrow for a Prayer Retreat and the company of more godly ladies. The Lord is blessing me this weekend for sure.
Here is a picture of Marqui and me from Charleston....we should have taken one about 5:00 am! There is also a picture at the top of a beautiful sunrise that we saw off the coast of Folly Island, SC. It was stunning!
Thank you Lord for godly friends.




No comments:
Post a Comment