Sunday, July 5, 2009

See You Soon Maggie


I know I said that my next post would be my story of redemption and forgiveness - and I am working on that post. It is proving a little more difficult to write about than I thought it would. I am trying to be tactful in dealing with the actions of people that I don't know at all anymore. Anyway, I will share that with you soon.

Today, I just want to ask you to pray for some friends of ours. I am going to leave you with the link to Jordan's blog, because he expresses the emotions of his family much better than I can. I simply want to say that I am blessed to be able to say that I knew Maggie personally. She was a beautiful lady, both inside and out. She was full of grace and dignity, before and during her battle with this horrible disease. She is a beloved mother of four beautiful, young children who are daily learning to walk closer and closer to Jesus. I have no doubt that these children will be fine. They will grow up surrounded by family and friends, and raised by an earthly father who knows what it means to cast all your cares upon Jesus. They will remember their mom and her faith will be a legacy for their lives. Best of all, one day they will see her again.

This beautiful Sunday morning, Maggie is standing in the presence of the One who has conquered death. What a glorious day it is!!

Death is not the final word for any of us who know Him, and because I know Maggie and Jordan, I am confident that what they would want me to communicate to you is this: Jesus is alive and He is still in the business of healing and restoration. Yes, we would all rather that He had chosen to heal Maggie on this earth and give her some more time with her husband and children, no one would deny that. However, they know that His ways are not always our ways and that Maggie's death was not an accident or a mistake. Just like her life, her death is bringing glory to the God she faithfully served and now has seen face to face.

The last thing I want to say to you, my readers is this. None of us know what tomorrow brings. None of us are promised one more day. Please, if you do not know Jesus, today is the day of your salvation. Today, you can make the single most important decision that you will ever make. If He is drawing you to Himself, don't continue to put Him off. One day, we will all stand face to face with the Living God - you want that day to be as glorious as it was for Maggie this morning.

2Timothy 4:18 "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen"

http://www.jordanstinziano.com/Site/The_Rant/Entries/2009/7/4_Time....html

No comments: