Ok, I have two things to post about today....on opposite ends of the spectrum. I hope I will get them both done. I have been asked about both of these things in the last couple of days....one is physical, one is spiritual. I am starting with the physical - not because it is more important, on the contrary it is the certainly the least important of the two, but I don't have to think as hard and I don't have to be as eloquent to talk about "pig viruses" - and since it is 10:00 and we haven't started school yet, I'm starting easy.
My husband came home last night and told me he is concerned about the Swine Flu. If you know us, you know that I am the worrier and I do NOT want to share that position with my level minded hubby. In fact, it gives me great security when he yells at me to stop being so ridiculous and trust God!! Needless to say, I did NOT want to hear him tell me he was worried.
However, I am realizing after much prayer and constant thought that my husband and I worry about different things. I worry about things I can't see - strange lumps and bumps that I don't know what they are. He worries about excessive bleeding on a cut head or leg or, apparently strange flu strains that the medical community is intent on scaring everyone too death about. Remember he works in the medical community.
I, on the other hand, do not. I function in the "alternative" community. (Not to be confused with the "tree hugging" community) My medical advice comes from people who believe that "the Power that made the body, heals the body and it can happen no other way." Let me clarify again, to prevent confusion, that I believe that the one True God made the body, and the Power I am referring to is His power, not anything that I might conjure up within myself with "happy" thoughts.
Anyway, I have already posted about flu prevention, but I want to point you again to a great article and revise my prevention plan just a bit in light of my husband's concern. He is, after all, my head and if he is concerned then I need to do all I can to take appropriate precaution. I realize, of course, that he is not YOUR head, so you need to seek God on what precautions your family takes.
Everything I read within the alternative community still says that this flu is not as big a deal as our friends at the American Medical Association would have us to believe. No one I trust has recommended the swine flu vaccine for ANYONE! What they have done is make some great recommendations about prevention and treatment. The best article I have read so far that really explains what happens in our bodies when viruses attack is at www.beeyoutiful.com. I would highly recommend you read that, and for us, we have decided to purchase their anti-flu pack. Everyone in our family is taking these supplements daily, plus drinking Dr. Cinnamon and Double E Immune Booster Tea from www.bulkherbstore.com.
If we do get sick, we will follow the treatment plan outlined in the article at Beeyoutiful. They have appropriate doses for adults, children, and babies and I think everything is safe for pregnant women, but please call them to be sure. Their number is 1-800-556-0967 . I would trust whatever they tell you.
In addition to these supplements we are seeing our chiropractor regularly for immune boosting adjustments, avoiding large, indoor crowds, and washing our hands often. When washing your hands, use a castille soap as opposed to anti-bacterial or hand sanitizer. These are ok when you are out and have no other choice, but they destroy the good bacteria on your hands that your body needs to fight the bad that you come in contact with. We are also spending as much time as possible in the fresh air (at home) soaking up natural Vitamin D and strengthening our bodies with exercise.
The old saying "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" could not ring more true than it does this flu season. The "cure" offered by the medical community comes with way too many risks for me. I never tell others what to do about vaccines, however, as I believe their are obviously risks either way. That should be decided between you, your spouse, and God.
Be healthy!! And stay tuned for my opinion on Youth Group!! (That should prove pretty controversial, I'm sure!!)




No comments:
Post a Comment