Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Prayer Request

I was driving down the main highway in our town this morning, when I noticed an abnormal amount of turkey vultures swirling in the sky above a strip mall. As I approached the area, they all landed on a small cupola that protruded above the stores in the area. They huddled together on this tiny perch, their huge bodies hunched over and hidden under their black veil of feathers. There were way too many of these scavengers for this particular spot, yet it was as if they were determined to sit there, together....silent and waiting.

Yes, I have been reading too many Frank Peretti novels, but I could not help but draw this comparison when I noticed that these turkey vultures - which I really did see, were huddled on a store, overlooking the strip mall that contains the Pregnancy Resource Center. This is a pro-life resource center that helps women who are pregnant to make the best decision for their baby, whether they decide to keep their baby or place he or she to be adopted into a loving home.

I also could not ignore the fact that next Monday our county will be offering abortions through Planned Parenthood for the first time in many years. Needless to say, this saddens me a great deal as I think of the estimated 600 women a year in our county who will kill their babies, not to mention the babies who have no choice in the matter and will die at the hands of the one whom God has chosen to protect them. Please don't hear me condemning you if you have had an abortion, the fact of the matter is that 90% of women who have them do it under pressure from someone else - a parent, boyfriend, etc...

As I looked at these ugly birds sitting like sentinels atop that building this morning, I could not help but think of satan's forces converging on our city, doing everything they can to divert young women out of the loving counsel at the resource center, and instead whispering in their ears to try the planned parenthood office down the street. Please pray with me against the forces of evil, remembering that our enemy is not the terrified, young girl who finds herself pregnant and alone, no, our enemy is the forces of evil in the heavenly realms. A defeated foe, who knows his time is short.

My goal is NOT to condemn, there is forgiveness for even the sin of murder. My goal is to ask you to pray and to make women aware that they have a choice - a godly choice. Planned Parenthood is not in the business of offering choices. The choice to keep your baby makes them no money -- abortions make them millions per year. When you walk through their doors, they have one goal in mind and that is to make you believe that abortion is not murder and that the life you carry inside of you is not a baby. I will submit to you that it is a baby, placed there by Almighty God, no matter what the circumstances of the conception.

Psalm 139

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.


God knows your circumstances, whatever they are. I don't presume that very many of you reading this would consider abortion if you found yourself pregnant today, but I am positive that you know young women who might. Women from all walks of life and all religious backgrounds abort their babies every day. Young ladies who never believe they could do such a thing find themselves horrified and alone and lying on that cold operating table, completely detached from reality - and doing something that they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Please pray for the women who do this and please make yourself available to the young women and teenage girls that you know. Let them know that our God believes in second chances, that there are many families willing to adopt their babies, and that God never, ever makes mistakes.

No comments: