Monday, October 19, 2009

Garlic Soup

I want to share a recipe for a delicious soup I just started making. You guys all know that I LOVE garlic and its immune sustaining properties are amazing!! I have a whole post under the "Health Notes" section about the benefits of this little plant. Anyway, give this soup a try!

Garlic Soup

3 whole heads of garlic (roasted)
1 quart of vegetable broth
1/2 cup olive oil
1 vidalia onion
1 stalk of celery
a pinch of saffron
2 cups of cream (I use half and half)
salt/pepper to taste

To roast garlic, heat the oven to 380 degrees. Use a sharp knife to cut the top off the entire head, place on a cookie sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Put in oven until tender - 15 minutes or so.

While garlic is roasting, saute onion and celery in the olive oil. When vegetables are tender, add vegetable broth, saffron, and roasted garlic. Bring to a bubble for 10 minutes. Put entire mixture into a blender or vita-mix and blend until smooth. Return to pot and add cream. Cook for 3 more minutes - adding salt and pepper to taste!

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

cameron said...

just made it...love it, but it is potent! We are all stopped up and can still taste and smell it! Too bad for our friends! ha ha ha...thanks for sharing your recipes!