Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I know it is tomorrow, but I will be too busy cooking Mr. Turkey to blog, so here it is, your early Thanksgiving wishes!

I hope you take a few moments tomorrow where ever you find yourself to count your blessings. I always think about the song, "Count your blessings, name them one by one..."

I am overcome with gratitude when I think of the multitude of ways that God has blessed me. So far above and beyond anything that I could ever have asked or imagined - and certainly well beyond anything I deserve. Isn't He just like that? To bless us and love us, no matter what!!

What are you thankful for today?

I also want to make a quick book recommendation, since we are talking about thankfulness....

Some of you may read Angie Smith's blog, Bring the Rain. If you don't, you should. Angie and her husband Todd (lead singer for the Christian group Selah), have an incredible testimony of choosing life. Their youngest daughter Audrey Caroline lived for only a few hours after her birth, but her story has inspired thousands and thousands of us. Angie and Todd's courage and ruthless trust in their Savior is humbling to read about.

Now, you can pre-order at amazon.com the book Angie recently finished entitled I Will Carry You. This is their story and I know it will be beautiful to read.

Also beautiful is the fact that God has blessed them with a new life. Angie is pregnant and they would appreciate your prayers. Check out her blog and the book!

No comments: