"If other ads can glorify promiscuity and drunkenness, why can't the puritans have their chance to rebut? Isn't that part of what makes our First Amendment so great?"
Chicago Sun Times reporter Kyle Koster
Ok, Mr. Koster, I do appreciate your trying to write a neutral article, but puritans?? Seriously? I guess that if you have any respect for the sanctity of life you are now referred to as a puritan in our country. I'll take it over the alternative, though.
I wish I could say I am truly shocked, but I can't, so I will settle for saying that I am truly outraged at the opposition to the Focus on the Family Super Bowl ad which is apparently coming during next Sunday's big game.
I believe it is safe to now say out loud what all of us "puritans" knew anyway - that pro-choice doesn't really mean in favor of choice, it actually could better be stated as pro-abortion. I mean, let's be honest, by definition choice means that it could go either way. You could actually believe that it is best to follow through on any pregnancy that you begin or you could believe that killing babies is an acceptable method of birth control. However, the pro-choice side is proving, yet again, that they are not really in favor of any opinion that differs from their own. So, choice should really be thrown out of the phrase altogether.
Let me say that I am in total favor of freedom of religion. I think that as long as it is non-violent and does not infringe on my personal space or safety that everyone should have the legal right to practice any religion they choose. (And I do mean it when I use the word choose). Yes, that means that I am in favor of Buddhist temples and Islamic mosques. Every bit as much as I am in favor of Baptist churches. After all, the only way for me to remain free to worship the way I see fit, is for everyone else to be able to worship the way they see fit. Otherwise, we have, um, socialism! (surprise, surprise)
Here's the thing, though. Somehow in this great country we live in, everyone else seems to be free to flaunt their beliefs, yet mine are "narrow minded" and "intolerant." Furthermore, every year during the Super Bowl I have to turn the dial to avoid seeing half dressed women in beer commercials, Janet Jackson's bare breasts during half time shows, ads for the "morning after" pill, and Gwenyth Paltrow's face on the Planned Parenthood commercials. Let me tell you, these things are extremely offensive to me, but you know what, I can either choose to watch or I can turn it off. So can everyone who has a problem with Tim Tebow and his mom speaking for 30 seconds about LIFE!!
God help us if this is what we have come to as a nation.
That someone would receive this much opposition to telling his own story is really disheartening. Again, I wish I were shocked, even a little surprised, but I'm not. Sad, disgusted, outraged yes, but not at all surprised.
So, all I have to say is thank you Tim. Thank you for not caring what others think. Thank you for stepping out and using your voice to promote life. Thank you for loving the Giver of life more than football. I hardly think that this could damage your future career as some articles are insinuating, but thank you for apparently not caring if it does. Thank you Mrs. Tebow for choosing life.
God help our nation as we head down the wide path to destruction, for make no mistake, the Bible is clear in Galatians 6:7"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap." May we not become a nation that reaps the whirlwind due to our blatant disregard for the innocent.




No comments:
Post a Comment