I love Jesus - I love cool crisp Florida mornings, perfect for taking a long prayer walk on the beach wearing a sweatshirt - I love the smell of coffee brewing and I love the very first sip - I love my husband and the way he wrestles and plays with our children first thing in the morning - I love that there is always at least one child, often two, and occasionally three in our bed when we wake up in the morning - I love that God called me to home school, me, who always messes up, who sometimes yells at my kids, who never stays on schedule, and who could accomplish so much more if I wasn't so lazy - I love that when other kids are up, cranky and tired and getting ready to leave for school at ungodly hours when it is still dark, that my kids and I are snuggled up together in bed, either sleeping or reading a good book together, then laughing and tickling before we get up to make breakfast together - I love my husband, I know I said that, but it bears saying again that God gave me the most perfect man for me, sometimes he is a little tough on us, but he keeps me moving forward, he stretches me beyond what I think I can do, and because of him I know that we will succeed at whatever God calls us to do, best of all, I know he will always be there for us, he will never walk away from the life we have together, that security gives me the freedom to be whoever God calls me to be.
I hate sickness - I hate flus that will not leave my house and that keep my normally healthy bubbly kids lying on the couch for over a week - I hate the bottles of herbs and the sickly sweet smelling tinctures and oils that have graced my counter top for over a week and that I have to rub all over my kid's backs and chests and feet and cram down their throats by the handful - I hate washing my clothes with Clorox and spraying Lysol in the air because I am all natural and chemical free in my home, but sometimes I feel like germs are winning this battle and I am pulling out all stops to be sure that I am the victor - I hate the thought that I may have to take one of my kids to the doctor because she just can't seem to shake this bug and I need an official diagnosis so that I can figure out how to proceed - I hate the thought of taking "real" medication, but I know that I will do it if I have to - I hate the feelings of fear that sometimes overwhelm me and I hate it when my honest, straightforward husband accuses me of not completely trusting God in the area of my children - I especially hate it that I know deep down that he is right.
To end this really strange blog post, I just want to ask my bloggy friends for prayer for our household...prayer that the God who made our bodies would reach down and heal. Not only us, but all of our friends who returned from our training conference with what is now been dubbed the "Masters Plague." It seems to be a combination of flu, bronchitis, and an occasional stomach virus thrown in for good measure and it has affected approximately 60% of the kids involved in the training. The same kids who have now taken this illness back to their respective communities from California to Texas. I have to say for us though, we have not passed it to anyone here in our town because we have not been out of the house in over a week!!!! Can you see that I also HATE staying inside for days and days and days...... smelling a weird combination of oregano oil and garlic and just plain sick....ugh!
So, for those of you following my health notes and wondering how I handle it when I just can't seem to get a handle on it, here it is. I'm still persevering, I'm watching my kids closely for any signs of complications. So far the severity of the illness is really not that bad, it is just the duration that is beginning to unnerve me. I'm praying - a lot and trusting that "the power that made the body, heals the body - it happens no other way." And yes, just in case anyone from child protective services is reading, I have not closed off the option of a "real" doctor - I am perfectly willing to take my children to the doctor when I can't handle it naturally, and yes, I will give them medication if that is what it takes and I will be grateful to God that it is available.
Thanks for praying.




No comments:
Post a Comment