Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sono Harris



There are several families in my life that, though I do not know them personally, because of their influence and inspiration to me in my home schooling journey I can not wait to meet in Heaven! This is the matriarch of one of those great families. Heroes of the faith who, though they do not know it, have walked with me through the ups and downs of our early years of home schooling and who now have inspired me in the final sprint for our oldest children. Through the writings of her husband and the sons she bore and raised, this woman has been a hero to me.

Sono Harris passed peacefully into the arms of Jesus amidst explosions of fireworks on the 4th of July. She was surrounded by her family - names you may recognize...

Josh Harris, author of the best selling book I Kissed Dating Goodbye. Bret and Alex Harris, authors of Do Hard Things and founders of the "Rebelution," a phenomenon that is sweeping the world and inspiring our "teenagers" to step out of that box and accomplish great things for the Kingdom.

Gregg Harris, her husband, who wrote the classic of all home school books, The Christian Homeschool. Inside its pages are the reasons, clearly and concisely stated for why we do what we do.

I was privileged to get to meet Gregg and hear him speak at our FL home school convention last May. This is a faith filled family and I know that they will persevere and even rejoice that Sono is with Jesus. Please keep them in your prayers for the days ahead. They will miss her like crazy, but they grieve with hope as we all eagerly await the return of our King!!

No comments: