Thank you so much Sammy at Cherished for the Stylish Blogger Award! I have never gotten a blogger award before! Wow! I love your story and I love your heart for God and for adoption. Check her out y'all.
There are a few guidelines should one accept this award...
- Thanks and link back to the blogger who passed this award onto you
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 15 (or however many you want) other recently discovered great bloggers
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
I'm going to try to think of random things that you may not know about me, rather than the obvious things I write about constantly. I love Jesus, children, adoption, home schooling, alternative medicine, and healthy eating...yada, yada - but, you already know all that. Seven things you may not know...
1. I gave birth to twins at 20 years old - one the old fashioned way and one emergency c-section because I had NO IDEA I was pregnant with two babies until the delivery room! Yikes!
2. Even though I live at the beach, I prefer the mountains.
3. I love having sunshine in January, but I long to live in the Deep South again, where people are just nice.
4. I long to be organized and have a clean and nicely decorated house, but deep down I know I am too lazy and too spontaneous to ever make it work for very long.
5. I have a weird personality mix of sanguine and melancholy. Sometimes I need to be around other people and sometimes I just want to be left alone. I envy those vivacious types that just light up a room.
6. I love to travel and spending a year in an RV with our entire family sounds perfect to me!
7. My husband and I could not be more different. We have almost nothing in common. However, with Christ at the center and our passion to raise godly children, we have come to the sweetest spot in our marriage. I love him so much, and I know that he loves me. It amazes me every day that you can feel so connected to another human being. God is so good.
I am taking liberties with the words "recently discovered," and I am going to link you to several of my favorite blogs. Don't forget to check out Cherished!
1. Jill at Mrs. Doulamom - Jill is one of my best friends, fellow adoptive and home schooling mommy, health nut, and also a doula. Follow her as she shares life in their home, full of love, laughter, and organized chaos! :)
2. Kristi at We Love Our Lucy - This blog is probably not new, just new to me! I just found through Kelly's Korner and sobbed through the entire video of Lucy Lane's homecoming. I just love how God is so amazing at knitting families together.
3. Christy at Our French Adventure - Christy was my room mate in college. She and her husband and their son have recently moved to France for three years. Here she writes about the hilarious happenings when you live in a culture radically different than your own. I will have a few of these stories myself when we get home from visiting them in July!
4. Brooke at From Whence - Brooke is a friend of mine from my home town. Her sister and I were best friends actually. We have all moved away from Hamlet now, but I love keeping up with her through her blog. Brooke has an amazing testimony of God's faithfulness and of forgiveness. She has such an amazing heart.
5. Jenny at Beyond Our Wildest Dreams - This is another blog I found when reading adoption stories from Kelly's Korner. I love their story and their heart for adoption.
6. No Greater Joy Mom - I recently found this blog and could not stop reading their story. They say over and over that they are not anything special, only God could do the work He has done in their lives. I love their humbleness and I totally understand that when you adopt a child, you receive the biggest blessing, not the child you are "rescuing." However, I still think this family is pretty special. I am not sure why there is a problem with the link here - the address is nogreaterjoymom.com and if you type that in the browser it works fine.
7. Tammie at Trek With Tammie - I love this girl. We met several years ago at a prayer retreat through a mutual friend. When we found out we are "birthday buddies," we just had to grow closer and closer. Sisters in Christ and exactly the same age. You will be blessed by her blog.
Enjoy!




5 comments:
Thanks Shelby!! I too am that odd, unique mix of sanguine/melancholy... lol. seriously. yes. :-) Oh, i wish could go to France w/ you this summer.... LOVE Europe!
Question: How do I follow your blog? I can't find the follow button like I"ve found on other blogs. Thank you! :-)
I put a gadget on the sidebar, so it should be easy to "follow" now. :)
Great!!!! Thank you so much! I've had a blog for forever, but am just now learning how to 'follow' other blogs. FYI - I LOVE Disney parks too!!! Sorry about your nephew getting the flu, such a bummer. So glad it looks like you have avoided the bug!
Post a Comment