Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today my dream baby is a year old!

My sweet boy, one year ago today I did not even know you existed. Oh I knew that God had a baby planned for our family. A baby born in my heart. I have prayed for you since I was a little girl and even more fervently the last several years. I KNEW you were coming, but I did not know when or how. I knew you would grow in someone else's belly, and in my heart. God is so good. He is so faithful and He gives us the desires of our heart. I have wanted you and loved you for as long as I can remember. I am still awed that He has loaned you to me.

The first time I saw you, it took my breath away. I walked into your hospital room and saw you sleeping. You were so tiny. I could not wait to get you back to our hotel room and kiss all of your fingers and toes, and just look at you. The first night we spent together - just you and me, cuddled up in that huge bed. You slept peacefully, woke up to eat, and drifted off again. I dozed beside you, watching you sleep.



Daddy joined us the next day and we spent the next week just bonding. You slept, Daddy and I watched you and marveled over the fact that God had blessed us so much more than we deserved.

Soon, we came home to join your brothers and sisters. They were so excited about you. So in love with you from pictures and Skype. We had so much support from family and friends and you were welcomed with posters and crowds when we arrived home on Lyndsey's 12th birthday - May 6, 2010. You were three weeks old.

You immediately started growing and putting chubby rolls on those cute little legs. Your eyes engulfed your face. Huge, trusting, innocent, and beautiful.



You continued to grow and we continued to love you to pieces. We send updates and pictures to your beautiful birth Mama. I know she is thinking of you today, the day she gave birth to you. The day she made the most unselfish decision that anyone could make. First she chose to give you life and then one year ago today she chose to give you what she couldn't - a family. I pray for her every single day and we will teach you to do the same. We are forever grateful to the lady who loved you enough to let you go. Our prayer for her is that one day she will know the Giver of Life and we will pray for that every day for the rest of our lives.



Now you are a healthy toddler. Pulling up on everything in sight. Almost walking. Saying several words. Growing long, thick hair and amazing eye lashes. Still holding us captive in those sparkling gray-green eyes. I get lost in them every day and still can not believe you are here. This year has flown by, just as I knew it would. You are so loved, so kissed, and we are so blessed that you are ours. I can not imagine us without you.

We love you Baby Boy!


No comments: