Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pray

My husband is from Alabama.

I am from North Carolina.

Both of these states have been affected by the recent tornados. Alabama was hit by a massive cell of tornados yesterday which killed almost 200 people and devastated homes, businesses, and in some cases entire communities.

Our families are all safe and for that we are extremely thankful.

One of my favorite bloggers lost her entire home. Completely leveled while she and her husband were in the basement with their nine children. Near their house a godly man and dear friend of theirs huddled with his wife and thirteen children. When the roof blew off their house and everything began to come down, he knew he could only do one thing - he stretched his body over his entire family. They were all trapped under the rubble, but miraculously they all survived. All except the dad, whose last gift of sacrificial love to his family was his life.

I can not imagine their pain and heartache.

I can not get these people off my mind as I move through my day. I keep imagining how they must have felt as they clung to each other and listened to the wind roar.

Please pray for these and all the families that have been affected by these horrific storms.

No comments: