Saturday, April 9, 2011

Snippets

Please keep praying for Vanya. His account is over $6500 now. That is 33% of what is needed. Please keep passing the word. I feel totally comfortable recommending that you donate to this cause. ALL of the money will go toward his adoption and it will give his forever family one less thing to worry about during the process. Please let's all help make this little boy's dream come true. No amount is too small.

We are working around here today. Stan has been painting Bryce's room. If you know Stan and if you are at all familiar with Bryce's room, you know this has been quite an undertaking. Now he is trying to watch golf on TV, but I have a "honey-do" list about a mile long.

I cleaned out my dressing room and closet this morning. That was almost as bad as Bryce's room. Almost, but not quite.

Patrick is almost a year old! Unbelievable! Last night we took some cute videos of him playing with our English Bulldog. I don't know how to post them on here, but if you have a Facebook, you can send me a friend's request there. Our dog is not too sure she likes Patrick. She was only a year old when Graham was a baby, so she loved the pulling and "playing" that he did. Now, she is eight and not really all that happy with being pulled on. She tries to scare him with a deep throated growl when he pulls on her, but it doesn't deter him a bit. I am 99% sure she wouldn't bite him, but I am fully aware that she is an animal and I don't leave them alone together. (Just in case anyone is wondering)

I am loving watching this baby grow up. It is going by way too fast, but I knew it would.

We are still struggling with our character issues, but I think things are moving in the right direction. I understand that it is what happens when you try to follow hard after Jesus. We are retaliating by spending more time in the Word and in prayer. Satan hates it, but God is the One we are trying to please and He fights for us when we are weak and tired. Truth be told, I am weak and tired right now, but I know Who has won this war, so I am putting one foot in front of the other.

Our family is praying about some really exciting stuff that we feel the Lord is calling us to. More on it as we get it fleshed out, but expect to see more faces just like Vanya's as time goes on. We truly feel led to advocate as a family for these innocent ones. The more stories I read the more horrific it all gets. It blows me away that babies are treated the way they are in some of these countries. I think that we need to come face to face with the horror of it all to spur us out of our apathy. It is too easy in our comfy life style's to forget that in the far corners of the world, right now, there are children lying in cribs, taken out only to be fed some disgusting mush of porridge three times a day, and then drugged into oblivion so they just lay there and don't make a sound the rest of the time. (True story) The sheer enormity of the whole orphan situation in our world threatens to overwhelm me, but I know the Giver of Life and Hope and I know that He has a plan for every single one of the forgotten ones. His people are rising up and it is exciting to watch and humbling to be a part of. Please keep praying.

That is my weekend update. Now I'm back to work!!

No comments: