Friday, October 14, 2011

Yay God!!

I just have to share a "God story."  I love it when I see His hand moving on even the little things in life.  I think that sometimes when we think about God, we picture Him as having so much to do that He can't be bothered with the "little" things that weigh us down in this life.  I am so thankful that He has brought me to a place where I truly believe that He cares about even my junk.  I love it even more when He does things that are far above anything I could have asked or imagined.

This is what He did for me today.

My husband moved 12 days ago to Arizona.  The kids have some school stuff that has to be finished up here, so we are moving after Christmas.  I haven't talked much about it on here because frankly, I just didn't even want to think much about three months apart from my husband. (I still don't)  Anyway, we sat down before he left and purchased plane tickets for him to "visit" us regularly.  His first visit was scheduled for next Friday, the 21st.

Yesterday, I kind of hit a wall.  I really have done so much better than I anticipated with him gone.  The kids have been great, we have so much to do to get the house sold, and with two of my "kids" being adults, I haven't been lonely for adult conversation.  That is, until night time.  When everyone is asleep and I lie down in bed, then I start to get really weepy feeling.  I am not alone in my bed - there is always one child, and often the baby, there too.  But, I just really start to miss Stan then.  Everything is quiet and still and I just want him to be there, too.

I have felt all the prayers my friends have offered up for me, though, and truly I was doing great.  Until yesterday.  I was just really down and sad yesterday but probably for the first time in my life I didn't ask God to "fix" it.  That honestly never crossed my mind.  I did not pray that Stan would just show up at the door or plot to get myself on a plane.  I just told Him how much I missed my husband.  Then, I spent today fasting and praying for the other couples in the marriage prayer group that I wrote about a few days ago.  By lunchtime today I was feeling better and more ready to go another week.  I actually thought to myself - "ok, this time next week, I will be on my way to the airport.  I can do this!"

Then, God comes in, with a BIG surprise - for me!  Me, who does not deserve any surprises!  Me, who was very down yesterday and even snapped at my kids and had to apologize.

Stan called about 3:00 and said, "I have some good news and some bad news."

Ok.

"The bad news is that a meeting has come up for next Saturday and I'm not going to be able to come home."

Now, believe me, I have come a LONG way, because a few years ago, I would have been ticked off and SICK at the same time.  I honestly didn't feel either of those emotions.  I just took a deep breath and said, "Ok."  Then, I waited.  Something I should have learned to do YEARS ago - and still don't always do.

He continued.  "I felt like crying when I found out.  I don't think I can wait two more weeks to see you guys.  So, I'm coming home tonight!"

Oh my goodness!!  God, you are amazing!  It never crossed my mind to ask God to bring Stan home early just because I was sad.  I never in a million years dreamed that would happen.  I can't think of any words to express how I feel except Thank You.  Thank you God for loving me enough to care about the "little" things.  And thank you for working in my heart to the point of making me ok anyway.  I truly had a "new" attitude today and I was ready to face another week.  I am so thankful that He has shown me that His grace is truly sufficient.....and then, He chooses to bless me just because He can!

Absolutely amazing!!

No comments: